Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Treasure, Me Mateys, Treasure!

Ahoy, mateys! The knock on the door was a friendly pirate with a treasure chest for me. A very wonderfully filled treasure chest sent my way by the lovely Cynthia with a little help from her hubby, Ed.
Let me say, they did Lewis and Clark proud, sending enough provisions to see this knitter through more than a pair of socks!
Behold the bounty. I could barely pull the L&C box from the outer shipping box...Ed did a great job of packing the box!
As I unpacked the loot, I could barely believe the haul. Cynthia, you made me cry...that takes a LOT. So carefully choosen were: Trekking XXL (color 77), 2 skeins of Knitpicks "Bare" to dye with the Strawberry Kool Aid included, hand dyed Fleece Artist, a sock bag made by Jen, stitch markers, a Fiber Trends sock pattern AND a skein of STR in Scottish Highlands! To say I am touched is an understatement. Thank you!

8 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

yay! What a great box of goodies. And I have to tell you she actually complained to me that the box was TOO small. Looks like Ed managed to stuff it to the gills -- enjoy every last bit of it!

8/30/2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger lworley416 said...

This is so great! You deserve to be spoiled now and then!

Ps 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

8/31/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger lworley416 said...

Checking in to see how you're doing. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
Jn 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

9/01/2006 8:02 PM  
Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Holy MOLY! You must have been a very good girl :) What a fantastic surprise. Yay for Yarn Aboard!!!!

9/02/2006 8:43 AM  
Anonymous sprite said...

Now that's a box of yarn! And they're all so different and yet so gorgeous!

9/02/2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger lworley416 said...

Just stoppin' in to say hi.......

Lifting you up in prayer right now to THE One who hears and answers the prayers of His children.
Ps 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

9/02/2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger lworley416 said...

Am still here praying. The Lord alone is our refuge! Oh the comfort there is in the shadow of His wings!
Ps 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

9/04/2006 1:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

what a fabulous package - i can't wait to receive mine and send it along...you lucked out with cynthia as your partner!

9/13/2006 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home