Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Because Lynn asked!

Finally fixed my computer (we think!) and took a little blogging break only to discover that LWorley ('nuther of my far-flung "sisters") wants to know why I'm not posting. Hrmph. Ain't that just like the older sister to want answers? LOL. Seriously though, it's been HOT here. Not just the usual steamy SEOH hot but dancing next to the flames of Hell hot. Of course, we live in a 2 story house without central air so the window a/cs are doing triple time so Hubster can breath.

In other news which has not appeared on the nightly broadcast yet:

Have picked 2 quarts of green beans. Have eaten one quart and the other is being cooked for dinner right now along with fresh onions, potatoes and smoked pork chops.

Have also picked 2 tomatoes. Both are gone. They were good. Waiting on more. Hurry up already!

Knitting is moving along. Miss E's vintage cardi is 3/5th done now. Both fronts and the back. One sleeve has been cast on...I should have done them together but really hate the thought of that so I am doing them solo. Quite possibly a FO next week...well, maybe. On the needles also: a baby cardi from leftover sock yarn and a cotton baby afghan for TLL. More knitting sorta news in a minute.

Adventuring yesterday despite the price of gas. Duck had asked if I could take the girls to meet her for a few hours while she was close for a follow-up with the knee guy. Sure thing! We spent a few blazing hot evening hours at our very favorite park chatting and watching E play. After our visit, the girls and I headed to two of our favorite old-haunts: Target and Borders. Target was not so great this time. E found a skort for $1.98 and we picked up stuff like dog food and Kleenex but otherwise it was a bust.

Borders had a few of the knitting books I wanted but definitely not at prices which fit in the budget. Since our library system does not have Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, I have been anxious to find a copy to glance through. Another must-have title added to the list. Along with the XRX Socks, Socks, Socks book. I keep watching the Destash blog hoping someone wants rid of their copies at a price I can live with.

Maybe pictures later. R took some great shots of her sisters using Grandpa's 35mm...several I think I will have enlarged and hang in the house somewhere since I refuse to pay for professional portraits anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

Missed ya.

8/02/2006 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home