Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Socks! Blue Socks!

Finally! Verizon Yahoo! Browser is worthless at this point. All day fiddling with the computer, running virus scans, deleting stuff and come to find out the MSN Browser works better. (Watch it come back to bite me in the a*&! tomorrow) As promised, finished socks. I believe the yarn was Elann's Essential. 2s2c, toe-down with EOP heel, standard toe. For me. I already have a feeling these will not be among my favorites simply because I decided not to rib all the way down the instep. Sometimes you just have to cut bait and sail, dude.

In other knitting news, sans photos, Miss E's vintage cardi has a completed back and half the left front. I have a sinking feeling she won't wear it long but I wanted to be sure I had enough yarn. Converting old patterns into today's yarns is just a nightmare for me. Math is not my strong point. Miss E is delighted and will be sending Mrs Bron a nice thank-you when the sweater is done because she lurves the yarn. :O)

Send some 'get outta the dump' vibes my way, please. After sitting down to do next month's budget, I am really down. The bills pile up, everyone wants their money NOW and I can only stretch things so far. It gets to me after a while, especially when the girls need things like haircuts and shoes. How to decide who gets what and who has to wait another month is a job no parent should have to do, period.

On the upside, the green beans are coming on strong. I must find a pressure canner before they are all ready. We will not eat frozen g. beans. It's just gross. Keeping my fingers crossed that one just falls into my lap unexpectedly like so many other things have done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

Lots of vibes, especially for your canner to waft through your (open) window and fall gently in your lap. I'm hoping to learn more about canning this year. It wasn't something I grew up with.

7/26/2006 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home