Sunday, July 16, 2006

OMG, FO time!

Can you believe it?!Socks for me.

Vital Stats
River Rapid Pattern from Sockbug
2 on 2 circs using Addi Turbo size 2
Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Irving Park
Time to complete: about 2 weeks.
Changes to pattern: I worked one more repeat on the cuff, EOP heel. I LOVE THEM! They are now in the sock drawer awaiting cooler weather. Wanna bet they will be the first socks worn in the fall?

I also finished a pair of socks for E but she kidnapped them so I doubt we'll see any pictures of them. Now on the needles, a pair of boring ss socks for me. I seem to have a thing for patterned socks but decided that maybe a ss pair would be nice summer knitting for once. After that pair, I think I have enough yarn for one more adult pair and of course, tons of baby ones. Which will really work out well since I plan to order yarn for myself when I order for my YA2 pal in a few weeks.

Today was a really crummy day for me. I woke up tired. Seems no one in this house could sleep last night and I picked up on it. Then I read Wendy's post about the Eden rose. The flood gates broke folks. I never cry. Period. I yell. I scream. I swear like a drunken sailor. I grind my teeth. I pout. I sulk but I do. NOT. cry. Something I taught myself not to do growing up because egg donor is a weepy woman. I just do not want to be like her. Anyhow, Wendy's story about the Eden rose really captures the grief of a mother well. I know all too well about a mother's grief. Go show Wendy some love if you haven't already then hug a friend/family member who has lost a child. Tell them their child(ren) matter, that they made a difference and that you remember. It will make their world a bit brighter for a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Oh, your socks are very cute. I've been meaning to try that pattern, and will once I unearth my stash again (sometime in August.)

7/16/2006 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home