Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Week's Worth of Knitting

Yup, an entire week's worth of knitting right there, folks. Baby socks which were frogged TWICE before I managed to finish one. Absolutely nothing turns out as it should lately. I thought seriously about packing the needles away until fall but that nagging voice in my head (in my good ear) kept saying "Swing and knit". Come hell or high water, I will find the knitting mojo again. And soon.

This has been one of the weeks straight from hell for me. The doctor said my ear is STILL infected and ordered another course of antibiotics. Fine. I can deal with that and that $45 office call. The first ER bill came today and I cannot deal with it. $177 and change for literally 2 minutes of work? It wasn't call-girl sex for heaven's sake! I probably would not be so p.o'd if the first time had cured the problem but we all know it did not. I followed the orders given to the letter so what gives? In the end, this ear will cost me over $500 out of pocket at least. $500 for an ear infection. Guess it is better than $500 for a hangnail. Still, that could be a lot of sock yarn. ;o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I don't know what it is about ear infections, but they always seem to hang on forever. Sorry you are still plagued with yours. And the doctors' bills - ouch!! The baby socks are darling though. Keep swinging and knitting, all will be fine - eventually.

6/10/2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Miss Amy said...

Maybe a knit along will help find your knitting mojo. And the best part is...you only have to knit one sock. Come and read all about it. Heck join the party if you'd like. C-ya there!
http://summersockparty.blogspot.com

6/13/2006 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home