Monday, May 22, 2006

ER but no Goran Visnjic...times 2

I was mistaken last week when I whined about being sick. I clearly had no idea just how sick I could become. Friday night found me curled into a ball with an earache so severe, I would have welcomed a rusty nail through my eardrum if it would have cured the pain. Hubster loads me up, hauls my dizzy, mumbling rear-end to the ER where a doctor informed me that I have a middle ear infection. She writes me 2 scripts and sends me home. Saturday morning, the ear begins to drain while the pain level stays the same. One side of my face decides to swell up. Sunday is more of the same, only I am sleeping most of the time which most definitely scared the daylights out of the girls. This morning was the final straw. I was STILL hurting after 3 doses of high powered meds, still dealing with the grossness of drainage and a tender, swollen face. This time I drag myself to the ER, where a different, BETTER doctor informs me that not only is my ear infected, but my ear drum has perforated. A change in meds, a bottle of ear drops and what I am sure will amount to several hundred dollars in bills later, I can sit upright for about 30 minutes now. No telling just how long until my hearing in that ear recovers or until I feel like my usual mean self.

All this and no Goran Visnjic. Life just sucks sometimes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Oh, that is just terrible. There's just nothing worse than a bad earache. Hope the new meds have you feeling much better, and pain free, fast!

5/23/2006 12:09 AM  
Blogger shizzknits said...

Poor you! I hope you are feeling better soon!

5/23/2006 1:39 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Oh dear, Jill! I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you're well on the road to recovery.

We used to get constant ear infections in our family, until a South African doctor told us to use a combination of Motrin and Dimetapp (ibuprofen and pseudaphedrine *sp?*) at the first twinges of an earache. And it WORKS! We just keep it up for a few days until it passes. We haven't had to go on antibiotics for it again since, and it's been about six years!

Best wishes, quick health.

5/23/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Any better yet?

5/30/2006 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home