Thursday, April 06, 2006

Looking for....

Attention knitters!! I am looking for a few knitting items and would prefer to buy used rather than new. Maybe one of you needs a little $$ and has what I want??

Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. I'm willing to pay $10 PLUS either media or first class shipping for this. It takes too long to get from the library. Found on amazon, used freebie gift cert and paid only $3.79!! Chia-ching!!!!

A US6 40" circ. Would prefer bamboo but am not picky. Around $5 plus shipping is what I'm looking for. Joins MUST be smooth!!(this is the most pressing need at the moment. I have a project on the needles that needs more room!)

Pair, yes a pair, of US1, 16" circ for doing 2s2c. I'd really like to find a pair for about $10 plus the shipping. Like most of Knitworld, I am madly in love with the addi turbos but realize I probably won't find a pair.

ETA: Thanks to Ava, I am awaiting an email from the source she suggested TaraKnits. I noticed on Tara's site that she has a 36" US6 so if nothing else, that may be what I go with. The price was right.
Thanks to Melissa for stopping by!

At some point, I am also going to want a Denise set....again USED and under the retail cost.

Quiet time today is almost over...the three youngest went down for naps without a fuss and have been asleep for over 2 hours! I did manage to cast on for Unst from Knitting on the Road but fear a gauge problem is going to surface. I'm getting the called for gauge using smaller needles than I usually use and the pattern calls for 56 stitches. Thanks to QK, I've found out that using my normal needle size, I prefer 54 or 52 stitches. Keep your fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Got my fingers crossed!
Sorry, don't have any of the stuff you are looking for, but hope you find it!

4/07/2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just in case: this place sells second-hand needles: http://www.taraknit.com/index.html

4/07/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger shizzknits said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

BTW I buy all my Addis from ebay...
http://stores.ebay.com/My-BestShop
Great quick shipping and pretty cheap!

4/09/2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have a VERY affordable Addi connection!

email me at sbridger3 at cox dot net

Love the bag you gave to Amanda.

What pattern did you use??

5/16/2006 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home