Saturday, March 18, 2006

What can this be?

Lookie what the mailman brought me today!A box. How exciting! Please ignore Miss E's play-doh bucket and the snowman popcorn tin. If it is not fiber related, I ignore it. Housework is a dirty, dirty word here sometimes!

Inside the box:
Fannie May chocolates (stashed away for another day), a CHICAGO postcard and some brightly colored packages. Hmm...I wonder, what could it be?


Christine was my Yarn Aboard pal and WOW! Did she ever surprise me! Left to right: Scheepjeswol Cotton 8 in lavender, Koigu (now on the needles, happily) AND Lorna's Laces in Desert Flower. Hubster had forgotten about the YB and thought the box was the new battery for our cordless phone.(Mighty big battery, eh?) Then he saw the Drill box and was really confused...he thought my father sent me a new drill. Imagine his disappointment when it was "only" yarn. He has fondled the LL several times as has Miss E. Hate to break the news to them, but I think I will be using it to make myself more socks. LOL. Thanks again to Christine for pampering me so well and to Amanda for putting the Yarn Aboard idea into action. I'll be packing up the drill box and shipping it off in the next few days...victim beware. (Just teasing.)

The yarnny goodness helped take the sting out of yet another stack of medical bills which arrived today. Hubster's gallbladder continues to cause mild problems. LOL. Another $600. I have no idea what I was expecting this to cost us and evidently, my vague idea was WAAAAYYYYY off. I have a feeling more will arrive in a week or two, just about the time the utility bills come. Won't that be fun? At least I have some yarn crack to keep me high for a while. Hi, my name is Jill and I am addicted to yarn. Sock yarn to be specific. I have enablers and no, I will not nark on them to get a reduced sentence. No, I do not think we need a 12 step program. Yes, I could be in denial. No, an intervention will not help. Hell, I probably won't even notice the extra people in the house because I am high on yarn crack. Yarn, today's drug. The Meth of the 00s. The addiction that lasts a lifetime with benefits.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the Drill Box! I love that everyone is feeling up the yarn.

3/21/2006 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like some great yarn. I love the colors and am excited to see what you knit up for yourself.

3/23/2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger shizzknits said...

Ooooo that LL looks yummylicious!

3/23/2006 11:57 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

what color is that koigu? it is beautiful! what a great surprise! i have no clue when i will be getting the box, but i am very excited! good haul!

3/25/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What a great haul!
Feeling for hubby and the gallbladder. I had mine removed the first part of March.

3/31/2006 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home