Thursday, February 23, 2006

Genius, baby, pure genius


It appears my youngest kidlet learns purely by osmosis. That or she is channeling some outside lifeforce by her mystical powers. This morning, she came into the dining room and announced that the Statue of Liberty was a gift to the USA from France way back when. Mind you, the kidlet is only 6 and I can assure you that gifts from France was not part of this year's curriculum. This is not the first time she has popped out with some fact which leaves me stunned for hours if not days. Yesterday, she spent the entire morning writing a book for her grandma. No big deal you say? I beg to differ. We "unschool" for the most part, meaning our girls learn by doing and pursuing what interests them. Writing words much less sentences hasn't been on Miss E's personal list of what she wants to do. That is until this week. This week, she has written two books complete with pictures, title and "byline". Sentences have been written correctly from left to right and include periods. Handwriting is a little rough but what little kid's isn't? Spelling is quickly becoming her forte it appears. Genius, I tell you, pure genius.
(And this picture is just awful but I do love how her hair is in it and how her sillier side shows through. Notice the missing tooth hole? Another one bites the dust)
Stop laughing, Jan. I can hear you. Just more proof we are related, right? ROFLMAO. (wink)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm NOT laughing...since somewhere in my boxes of photos (notice I did not say albums), there is one of me, taken a half century ago, that looks amazingly like this one...

Today's blog not only shows that we are related, but that Tony is her brother!!!

2/23/2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Well, this just goes to show how well unschooling works. I had never heard of it before I started blogging, but now I think that if I had the means (oh, and the child), I'd give it serious thought.

Oh, and the picture. It is gorgeous.

2/25/2006 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home