Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Kids say the darnest things

Just now, E came to me with her very own "recipe" for cookies. In her 6 year old wisdom, baking cookies for 4 hours sounds like a reasonable thing to do. Batch size should equal 13 cookies per tray. Yeah, I'm like "HUH?" But seriously, the one thing I missed this year about public schooling was the annual Kindergarten/First Grade assignment: "How to fix a Thanksgiving Dinner". That has to be the funniest thing I have ever gone through. I remember when TAJ was in 1st grade and I volunteered in her classroom a zillion hours a week, one little boy wrote "I do not know how to fix a turkey dinner. That is my grandma's job". Another said to put the bird in the oven for 5 days at 1500 degrees or until Mom yelled "It's done". So all things considered, I guess baking cookies for 4 hours isn't so bad. I just would not want to eat them. The birds wouldn't even want to eat them. It's the thought that counts, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home