Friday, February 03, 2006

Wonders from the homefront...and why does Blogger hate me?

It has been an eventful week at Chez Duck. Rockin' R(the one in the blue shirt with her tongue hanging out of her mouth) has been hitting the math book HARD. The Amazing J, in the BRUTUS BUCKEYE (GO BUCKS!) shirt, has been on a baking kick. And lil' Miss E, the princess in pink, lost another tooth. You can almost make out the new hole in her smile in this pic. Of course, this was the biggest news. The kind of news shared excitedly with the Northern-most Grandma (AKA DUCK) via phone the following night. Thank heavens phone calls are fairly reasonable! This picture is one of my new favorites because it really seems to capture their personalities rather well. R is always outspoken, quick to cut up and get folks to laugh. J has her mama's twisted sense of humor and is often seen smirking at odd things in that way which means it amuses her. She is also the oldest and therefore the third in command. E is always bubbly, smiling and having fun. What more could a mama want? I admit to being relucant to post pics of my kidlets on the web. I will even admit to being paranoid about protecting the family. Too much crime tv. Yeah, let's blame the tube and all it's sinster ways.

Today brought Old Man Winter's return to Ohio. We live just on the fringe of where the worst is expected to hit but that did not mean we were warmer than the rest of the state. Cold weather always makes me crave two meals: potato soup and chili. Which both mean bread, crackers and cheese for me. I am a carb-addict. I love good bread and especially ones that incorporate my favorite favors. Vermont Cheddar Cheese Batter Bread is a new favorite in the house. Everyone loves it, although I am the only "dunker" in the clan. This is today's loaf, which is now reduced to a mere sliver, fresh from the oven. Nothing like fresh-baked bread to get the appetite going and the kids to the table, eh?



Blogger seems to hate me today. I cannot access my blog other than to post. If you've left me a comment, I probably haven't gotten it because well, Blogger hates me. Why? I do not know but it is really starting to pull my chain. Either I am too dumb to figure out how to do what I want or it can't be done with blogger. I'd love to move to typepad or some other blog-hosting with a fee but just cannot justify the cost right now. Hubster got a hospital bill today for $125...just for a test. Granted, the majority was paid by Medicare but still. I'm frustrated by the bills pouring in and the income staying the same. Mutter a word or two for me, please?

Tomorrow should bring a picture of finished sockettes. The toe decreases were started before I decided to play on the computer and will, all things willing, be finished before I head to bed. I'm using a star toe for the second time....we'll see how she likes them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Blogger hated me yesterday too. To the point where I had to keep reminding myself that blogger was being a jerk and it really wasn't my computer failing me. And it always happens when you have the most insightful words to write that will change the world, don't you find?

Love the picture of the girls. You're right about their personalities coming through - they look in the picture just how you described them.

2/03/2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Blogger hated me today, too. Ah well. Could be a stage it's working through, kinda like my kids...

2/04/2006 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home