Saturday, January 21, 2006

Cheese-less Whining

Why does it always, ALWAYS work out that the days when Chez Duck is missing a few critters, I am low on energy? The lists of must-dos, should-dos and wanna-dos are immense and somewhat oppressive at this point. Hubster and The Amazing J(TAJ) both have clothes in the mending which should be done soon. The TTL box is overflowing, things in it need finishing touches and repacked. The master catch-all-crap-room bedroom looks as if Joann Fabrics barfed all over one side. The kitchen has a funky, undetermined smell wafting about. The kitchen sink needs scrubbed, the bath could use a pressure hose, some Clorox and a HAZMAT suit. The yard is a disaster zone thanks to the wind and some careless roofers hired by the landlady last week to repair leaking valleys. Things need sorted and listed on eBay so maybe we will survive the next few months financially. The laundry is threatening to take over the house. CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY.FAR.AWAY. BRING CAFFEINE, ADDI TURBOS, YARN, AND EXTRA PILLOWS Make sure you also possess the ability to HIDE ME from the ducklings and Hubster. They are driving me nucking futz!!

Ok, enough with the whine....once again, Chez Duck is outta cheese so it's pointless to have whine. Hubster goes Jan 30th to have the bothersome gall bladder yanked. At this point, the doctor is saying only a possible two day stay. What on earth could I accomplish in a mere two days? Probably nothing since he will be at the local hospital and therefore a local phone call. Which means he'll be more apt to call and "harass" me throughout the day and night. Honey: I will miss you too but we really, really need some rest. I'll see you...don't worry.

Oh, is this supposed to be a knitting blog? Where has my head gone? Last night saw the finish of one lonely Peaks and Valleys sock. Intended as a Valentine's Day gift for the Duck. I have not a clue how I got distracted and ended up casting on for a single sock but it happened. Let me just say, I am no longer in love with my dpns. I still like them. They are comparable in that old- sweatpants-you-dare-not-wear-in-public way but are no longer my favorite. Too slow and tedious, pokey and annoying when I am craving fast, sleak and soothing. I had high hopes for ordering some smaller addi's next month but a quick peek at the budget reveals I will just have to live with the lust and current gauge of 7.5 spi for a few months more. Oh well.

Hubster finally went out for his afternoon stroll around the neighborhood so I think I will go kidnap the remote before the evening Testostrone-fest begins. I gotta get me some girlfriends who are fiber-crazy and live close by. Or move. Which is something we are tossing about, if we can find the right housing in the perfect setting at a price we can live with. When I dream, I dream big, don't I?

2 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

I've been dreaming big like that, too, about moving somewhere WARM where things actually want to GROW. You wish for me, I'll wish for you, okay?

1/23/2006 1:33 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

When my daughter was two, and I used to beg for Calgon to take me away, she would say, "If Calgon takes you I'm going, too."
Li

1/27/2006 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home