Sunday, February 26, 2006

Because Liz asked

Liz left a comment wondering how I knit a pair of socks in 2 days. Well, usually, I do not sleep much thanks to recurrent insomnia so I normally have a lot of quiet knitting time during dark hours. Once I mastered 2s2c, I found I could really fly with basic socks rather quickly. My other "secret" is that on days when I feel I must accomplish a lot, I employ an old daycare tool: the kitchen timer. Days like today, when I am the only healthy person in the house or other days when the to-do list is longer than my arm span (I'm 5'8"...long arms!), I set the timer for 15 or 20 min. and go to work on whatever the task is, then I give myself an equal amount of time to knit, sew, quilt, read, etc. I repeat this cycle throughout the day. Usually I can accomplish a lot using this method. Why? Probably because I am looking at smaller spans of time and 'trick' myself into working faster yet enjoying it more. Silly, huh?

And lest Jane feel left out, yes, my goal is to at least equal your 2005 socks knit. A quick scan of the stash revealed that I have enough for 6 pairs before the stash is gone. Well, I forgot about the Yarn Aboard box that will make it's way to me at some point. All in all, I figure I have about another month's worth of yarn IF I continue at the current pace. So, if you stumble across any really great stash reduction sales, clearanced yarns or other steals, send a shout out my way in a few weeks. (Grin)

Hubster is doing well now except for this bug bouncing around the house. We've gone from 1 to 3.5 ill since this morning. Miss E is complaining of symptoms not matching the others but I fully expect her to be as miserable as the others by tomorrow. Rockin' R is starting to keep food down now so I surmise it is a 24 hour bug. TAJ is sipping Pepsi and lounging about after a marathon cookie-tossing event. Sorry, I know...TMI. Hubster is sleeping and I will let him sleep since he was up most of last night for whatever reason.

Watch for the current WIP pics soon. And yes, Liz, it is a sock. LOL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that explains it. I'd rather not have insomnia, so I'll stick with my one sock-a-week (or more) gig. :)

So 2s2c is really faster? Not that I plan to try it... it's the cost of the 2 circs that I'm not willing to pay.

2/27/2006 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home