Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Another pair finished!
Vital Stats:
Knitpicks Simple Stripes Vineyard
US2 Addi Turbos
7.5spi
Crazy Toes and Heels
For me. (and yes, my legs are truly ghostly white)

They were an easier knit than the first pair of QK socks but I still have a difficult time following the book. Too many directions crammed into a page or two. Make that too many options on the same page at times. But her method truly is one of the best I've worked on. I love the way these socks fit. Just snug enough just not so snug that I have "sock rings" at the end of the day.


And for Jane, who's incredible pictures always inspire me to try my luck, I give you "Crocus among the leaves". I snapped this today while doing my weekly yard prowl for new growth. I am still waiting for the crocus I planted in the fall to bloom. They are up and looking good but no blooms yet. These came with the house. They have multiplied (which I thought crocus do not do) from a mere 4 flowers to about 50 or more in one section of the yard.
Miss E loves that the crocus are in bloom...means spring is here and summer cannot be far behind. They are already counting down until summer, more importantly until the yet-to-be-decided date for Gram's house! It's worse than Christmas, folks, I swear!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

I was looking through your blog just yesterday and you have inspired me. I'm going to teach myself to knit. Just as soon as I finish the quilt I'm half way through. I just love the socks you make.

Am also glad to see that spring has sprung (great crocus pic) and the weather has started to warm up over there. It's starting to cool down here ever so slightly. But it's the tropics, so not that you'd notice...

3/28/2006 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeeey, QK socks. They look really good! And you didn't say anything mean about gussets or heels. I guess I'll go and take another look at the book and finish mine up. Thanks for the inspiration!

3/28/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger jill said...

Tanya,
Am delighted to hear you are jumping on the knit wagon! Anything I can do to help, you just ask and it's yours.

Emily,
I'm flattered that my socks are inspiring you to tackle the book again. It is a rough read for those of us who aren't used to that style of thing but worth the time, I think. Good luck!

3/28/2006 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home