Friday, March 31, 2006

You Can't Fix Stooopid

Which is what I am. Being strapped for cash often leads me to make quick, spur of the moment bad choices when offered a one day gig doing ???. A good friend called this evening wondering if I'd be up for having her foster daughters beginning at 8am. I said yes. STOOOPID me. I am just really sleeping good around then. It's raining which means 8 kids in the house ALL DAY LONG. (R's having a friend over). One of the kids coming tomorrow is not to be alone behind closed doors. Upstairs is off limits to daycare kids anyhow, always has been. I'm too old to chase a toddler and a preschooler, fight with 2 kindergarten girls, listen to 3 preteens argue and have the sole true teen refuse to speak to me because I am STOOOPID. (If you haven't seen Ron White's "You can't fix stupid" special on comedy central, my whole STOOOPID thing is lost on you.)

But seriously, I love kids. I sort of miss the daycare days, running 2 shifts, feeding the herds, the quiet time in the afternoon, the precision with which our house once ran. Back in the day, I used to crank out massive amounts of crafty things during quiet time. Entire summer wardrobes for Miss E in a week. Matching, embellished outfits finished with great care. I could clean the entire upstairs of our old house (5+ bedrooms), do the laundry, write emails, check homework, prep snacks, start dinner and still have time to watch an hour's worth of tv. Now, I sit and work all day on a project that is stuck in the snow WITH the chains on.

Case and point: Hubster's Manly Sweater. I no longer love it. Did I ever truly love it or was it just the idea of giving him a sweater I knit? The very thought of finishing it makes my head spin and my elbows hurt terribly. So I am leaning towards the frog pond for it as well. That would leave just R's sweater (which I am sure she will not wear either), a baby afghan and a Clapotis to finish up. Clapotis is going to Miss E since she asked for a "wrap like Mama's". My wrap isn't a Clapotis...she just wants a wrap. I cannot believe I put making one off for so long. Easy-peasy! I'm using acrylic from the stash in "easter-y" colors of white, green, yellow and lavender which just happens to look smashing with one of her favorite outfits.

I suppose I had better head to bed if I am to survive tomorrow. LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

I keep thinking about making Chive a quilt, but then I found out that he doesn't really care if he has his very own "designated" quilt or not, and that takes the wind out of my sails.

Eight kids? Yikes!

4/11/2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Badpatty said...

I can handle my three. Adding five more to the mix? AAAAUUUUUUGH! Then again, I'm new to being a dad and haven't figured out all of the tricks yet.

4/15/2006 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home