Saturday, June 03, 2006

Hectic, hazy days

Life has been hectic, to say the least. Despite being sicker than the proverbial dog, I kept up my committment to my fostering friend and provided both daycare AND a respite weekend for her. 6 kidlets when deaf in one ear and sick has to be the worst thing I have ever done. Well, second worst but that's another story entirely.

My ear infection has improved but my hearing has not begun to return yet. I hope to get in to see our family doctor next week for him to evulate things. Being deaf in one ear has been eye-opening. Being such a fan of music and living without it constantly is, um, heartbreaking. Having someone speak to me in public is an exercise in patience, especially if they are on my "bad" side. But hopefully, my ear will heal and my hearing will return.

I know Bron wants to see pictures. Sorry but there aren't any. Most of the knitting WIPS have been frogged due to a defect of some nature. And honestly, I have not had much time for knitting until the past few days. The extra kids need constant supervision. Can we say TIRING???

Sewing is on the front burner of late. E needs summer clothes like last week. Suddenly, she has skipped an entire size or two. (When did my baby get so big?) R needs a few things as well. Some she has made herself while others are left to me. Which is fine, she likes shopping the stash (thanks, Aunt Jan!) and we have enough patterns to fit her. If I only had a sewing room again, all to myself. I am threatening to turn "my garage" at the farm into a sewing studio/guest suite when we finally get moved there.Can you imagine 1 1/2 car garage turned into a studio just for sewing? French doors, add a window or two, an add-on heat pump and some cabinets and it's done! Not entirely sure what Dad will say, but I have a hunch he'll ok the idea once his new house is done.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! I had no idea you were so sick! I hope your ear clears up really, really, soon. I know how frustrating something like that can be.

Pictures can wait. ;)

6/03/2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I swear, nothing seems to last as long as an ear infection. I had it in both ears once, and was virtually deaf for months! Hope your's clears up fast.

6/03/2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home