Sunday, July 23, 2006

New Life for Thrifted Tee

On my last stop at the Goodwill, I picked up 2 tee shirts for Miss E. One had a stain just where a skirt should go and I knew it when I bought it. In fact it was because of the stain that I wanted that shirt. Usually, when I find her "new" clothes, she cannot wait to wear them. I told her this one was to be made into a dress. Easy enough to do, it was finished in under an hour after the painful fabric selection marathon.



Here it is after a battle with the sun. My pictures really are awful lately and I do not know why. Oh well. The skirt is a lovely dusty pink with some green thrown in, diamonds that interlock. She is not as happy with it as I had hoped, but she is still wearing it. A plus in any sewing mama's book. Hopefully she will get 2 summers of wear out of it. Total cost: about $2. (under a buck for the shirt and probably a buck for the skirt from the stash).

I have another shirt to make-over this afternoon yet. This time with a tier skirt. In blues that Her Royal Highness picked personally and assigned positions for. Ya know, PRINCESS STUFF? Or is she being a diva? (Aunt Jan...do you know which one it is?)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those T-shirt dresses. Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to look into making one for myself. Goodness knows I have enough fabric on hand....

7/23/2006 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home