Sunday, August 13, 2006

Are you kidding me?

Listed among Yahoo! Top Stories today: China Bans Simpsons From Prime Time. Basically, China is banning foreign cartoons during prime time to help spur their own animation studios into success. HMMM...why doesn't the USA ban Chinese products to spur our own items into success? Too busy being the world player to look at the small picture, evidently. Ever notice how much of the cr*p they sell at WalMart is now made in China? Just the other day, I was in search of a new skillet. Only one I could find made in the USA was this beauty from the Lodge MFG company of South Pittsburg, Tennessee. So far, I love it! And the price was very right at under $15! I should never have to buy myself another big skillet during my lifetime now. Yippeee!! The girls are not thrilled with it though due to the sheer heft of the thing. Now they understand the old jokes about cast iron skillets upside the hubby's head (not MY hubby).

This concludes our commentary for today. This in no way tells the whole story but you can follow the links and fill in the blanks yourself. I'm not Paul Harvey, ya know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Madcap said...

I got my favourite cast iron frying pan at a junk shop, and I love it. It's square, and almost a foot across. They're great!

8/14/2006 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home