Sunday, April 01, 2007

Reason #2 Why I Love My Children

This morning, Miss E presented me with this portrait. While I love how much detail she put into this picture (shoes that tie, striped shirt, curly hair), what I love the most is she drew me SKINNY and SMILING. View of a mother through her child's eyes, it's a touching thing.


Crafting news:
Clessidra is now waiting for the Knitpicks order to arrive. Placed Friday AM, we'll see how long it takes this order to travel the 2 hours from the warehouse to my house. Once the yarn arrives, Clessidra and Mariah will be dueling needles I suspect.

A pair of boring, stockinette kid's socks will finish up before dinner today. The intended recieptent is the parish sock drive in the fall. I used E's foot as a guide and just knit to use up the last of this simple stripe I had. Hopefully between socks and mittens, I'll be able to use up the odd ball remenants of fingering yarn AND the parish drives will benefit too.

This afternoon has been spent finish up 3 little tops for a friend's daughter. Pictures are forthcoming. I used stash fabrics, a favorite pattern from E's toddlerhood and bias binding. A rather fast project if I'd have sat down and done them at once instead of dwadling about.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger clothesknit said...

cute portrait! i love it when the princess draws herself because she draws the hair down to the ground -- cracks me up since her hair is long but not that long ;o)

4/01/2007 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I miss reason #1 somewhere along the way?
And E!!!!!!!!! What an artist! It's beautiful and looks just like your mom!

Psalms 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

4/01/2007 11:26 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

What a great picture! Still getting arms and legs drawn out of my head here from Miss nearly 4! LOL Where's my body??! :)

4/04/2007 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home