Sunday, March 11, 2007

MUST HAVE SOCKS

The socks I MUST HAVE BEFORE I DIE: Clessidra. Not many things in life I can honestly say I must have, taste, try, whatever before I die but baby, these socks are a must. Only two questions: color and yarn? I am leaning towards either natural or a green since I have been hording a skein of KP Bare that Cynthia sent as part of my YA box a while ago. My thinking is that it is natural, therefore no dye lot to muck things up big time should I need more yarn. Which after checking, I see I would need a second skein. Perfect! I needed something to round out my KP order for Mariah anyhow. And I could probably dye the finished socks rather than take my chances dying two skeins. Don't ask. I'm weird, we all know it.

Mariah came out of the corner last night and hummed along mightly until the yarn ran out. Now she's pouting because the fun has halted. Same picture, one non-flash and one with so the increase markers show up.
I really love this knit. Cables used to frighten the pants off me until I knit Blaze for my sister a couple years ago. Not only did I teach myself to cable but did the entire sweater (well, after 3 or 4 rounds) without a cable needle. If I only had such luck with colorwork. ::sigh:: Maybe some day.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Your cables look fantastic! And I share your love of those Clessidra socks. I'm seriously lusting after them.

3/11/2007 12:03 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

is your gauge on with the kp dye your own? that would be my only concern...

3/12/2007 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mariah looks lovely! Love the color. I want Clessidra too.

Herbert Niebling was a lace designer. He passed and his patterns are out of print. I'm not huge on doilies, but I must do one of his.. http://www.yarnover.net/patterns/doilies/kunststrik/index.html

3/12/2007 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home