Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Deer Socks

Sometime during January, I cast on for these adorable Two Yarn Old Shale socks from Marguerite
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now, I know Marguerite, like myself, likes to know the specs of a featured project. All I can tell you for sure it that I used her pattern, modified to suit Miss R's demands (2x2 rib in place of the k7,p1 and a short row heel), US 2 dpns and the creamy yarn is Knitpicks Bare sockweight (or whatever they call it now). I think the multi color is Regia Clown left over from a few pairs I knit back in either 2004 or '05...the ball band has long since be lost. These were a fun knit, great for stash busting (or using up those odd balls) and honestly should have only taken me a week at max to finish. But I gave in to start-itis and laid them aside. Not that time was a factor. These are going into R's Christmas '07 pile. Yes, I admitted it. I am already thinking about Christmas.

J works as an adult day care provider now, 5 mornings a week. Lovely elderly lady with Alzheimer's, lovely home in the country with ample photo ops like these:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
White tail deer not more than 15 feet from the large, French doors in their family room. We routinely see upwards of 9 in the mornings when dropping J off. J has named some of them: Clarice, Bambie and Maxwell. Clarice is probably missing her kidneys due to someone liking them with fava beans. (triple point score if you can site the movie with Clarice, fava beans and organ meat)

And I saved the very best for last, just for my dear "sister" Lynn and her hubby, Ed, out west where they claim Cardinals don't go. While this was taken by J at work, we have 10 PAIRS of cardials at our feeder at one time daily. That is along with the tufted titmouse, chickadees, nuthatches, and a slew of other birds I never i.d. correctly. So, BS and Ed...this is for you:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Aw thank you!!!!!!!!! Haven't seen a cardinal in so long!

2/15/2007 1:03 AM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Very nice socks. Thanks for the heads up so I didn't miss seeing them.

Glad you enjoyed the pattern. Your modifications look great.

2/15/2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger jill said...

Lynn: Almost anything for you, you know that!

Marguerite: Thank you. I look forward to knitting more of your patterns in the future.

2/15/2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

poor cold little cardinal. you might need to throw him some yarny bits to warm up his nest.

2/15/2007 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure have the wild life (in more ways than one, heehee). Cute socks!

2/17/2007 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home