Sunday, February 11, 2007

Thicket Dweller tagged me for this housekeeping meme. If you decide to do this one, leave me a comment so I can see!


Aprons - Y/N? If yes, what does your favorite look like?

Yes. Like most of my favorite things, I can never choose just one. The top 3 favorites are from my maternal grandmother: a red paisley one, a blue farmhouse type and a blue print with ties. I remember her using them all when I was small.

Baking - Favorite thing to bake: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Maude Wilcox Sugar Cookies and Vermont Cheddar Bread.

Clothesline - Y/N? Yup. Haven't owned a dryer in at least a year, rarely used it when it was here. My girls think towels come in two varieties: stiff as a board or dirty.


Donuts - Have you ever made them? Absolutely! I use a Pillsbury recipe that is almost identical to my grandmother's. One of my earliest cooking memories is helping Nana cut donuts. It was a real treat as a girl to be met with warm donuts on my way to the bus in the morning. They lived next door to us (well, 1/3 mi away. that's next door in the country!) and we always found to-die-for sweets there.

Every day - One homemaking thing you do every day: Laundry.

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze? Yes. Mainly filled with meat and bread.

Garbage Disposal - Y/N? Just the human type.

Handbook - Tough one. Probably The Complete Tightwad Gazette.

Ironing - Love it or Hate it? Hate it unless I'm piecing quilts or doing garment construction.

Junk Drawer - Y/N? Several unfortunately. One filled mostly with old phone books Hubster cannot throw out.

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme? In this house, there isn't one, just that damn dark paneling and nasty carpets picked by color-blind landlords in the 70s. Previous homes have all been done in dark green, wine and beige except the girls' rooms.

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking? Fixing dinner and enjoying it as a family.

Mop - Y/N? No. Sometimes. (Boy, am I embarassed!)

Nylons - Haven't worn them more than 5 times in the past 18 years.

Oven - Do you use the window or open the door to check? Open the door.

Pizza - What do you put on yours? Whatever we have that I am craving: tomatoes, cheese (tons of that!), black olives, pepperoni and sometimes bacon.

Quiet - Only happens when I'm sick. I dream of having days upon days to sew, knit, cook and listen to music loud.

Recipe card box - Y/N? What does it look like? Pink plastic index card box along with a refridgerator topped with my cookbook collection.


Style of house - What is the style of your house? Um, it's a house without style.

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N? Sometimes. I have a buffet drawer full, we remember them sometimes.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland? Organized. My baking dishes live there.

Vacuum - Rainbow sweeper found on ebay for $75! It was a steal and quite possibly one of my best deals every.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do per week? Too many.

X's - Do you keep a list of things to do that you cross off? Yup. Drives the girls nuts.

Yard - Y/N? Who does what? We all help mow, everyone helps in the garden when I can nab them quick enough. I plan the garden and flower beds, dictate hedge trimming time and call the tree-triming guys (my dad and his employee) when the trees need it.

Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task before going to bed? Tidying the bathroom. I'd love a tidy kitchen first thing in the AM but that rarely happens anymore.

Thanks, TD for the tag. This was one meme I had to stop and think about. ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home