Saturday, January 13, 2007

A list, a list...now where to start?

I have this habit of making giant to-do lists. Anything from changing the tp roll to buying groceries and paying bills can be on that list. Usually everything is lumped together on a single paper: chores for the girls, errands to run, things Hubster needs to do. This morning I did something completely new. A to-do just for sewing. And oh! how it grew in just a few seconds. PJ pants for me, skirts and pj pants for E, mending, flannel shirt for Hubster, new bathroom curtains. Where to start?

PJ pants for me seemed like a logical choice since I have one pair of elastic waist pants for winter. Pants with a waistband really irritate that incision that needed packed unless I leave them undone. Completely undone around the house which is rude even at home. So making pj pants turned out to be an all day gig. I'd saved and carefully ripped the seams out of my favorite yet unfixable pjs (Fashion Bug thrifted!) to make my own pattern. Tracing a plus size pattern takes time, space, planning and patience but I managed to trace the remaining pants parts and get a pair cut out of some cotton print picked up at JA on sale on top of clearance prices. We're talking, maybe a whole $2 in the pair including elastic now. My kind of price! Only took me twice to get them together correctly. Those blasted brain farts are dangerous, let me tell you. Had to rip out both inseams sewn with French seams. (Lynn, that means like the inside of Em's jumpers!) Only my small seam rippers are MIA so I had to use the Goliath sized thing that always either stabs me in the index finger or pokes a hole in the fabric. Thankfully, neither happened today. Only thing left now is to finish the hem and find a white tee to make a matching shirt. I haven't had matching pjs in years...I'm so excited because I have enough fabric in the stash to make 2 more pairs of pants! A couple of thrifted or clearanced shirts and presto! Mama looks stylish while she snores. Pictures when the shirt appears.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger clothesknit said...

good for you! and i lurve me listmaking. it makes me a very happy camper.

are you guys still looking to move or staying settled for the time being?

1/14/2007 12:21 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Awwwwwwwwwww...matching pj's! You go, girl!
Wanna read what I'm putting in guestbooks today?
Always trust that the Lord does have a plan and that whatever He allows to happen, He has a reason. His Will be done.
Is 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The Prayer Bears Website

1/14/2007 2:26 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Hey Jill, those pants are sounding pretty funky! You'll have to get one of the girls to take a shot of you modelling them! Love to see!

1/14/2007 7:19 AM  
Blogger Ren said...

oooh, pj pants! ^^

1/14/2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Sounds like we need a pajama party to me...of course, you will be ready for International Pajama Day on February 4!

1/16/2007 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home