Thursday, December 14, 2006

Making a mold of my *ss

Yup, still camping in the recliner. I do believe now, that despite having housed my father's rear-end for years before coming to dwell at Chez Duck, the recliner now could serve as a mold of my *ss. I fully expect the chair to make that sucking sound sometime soon when I attempt to leave it. (Think The Simpsons. You'll get it)

Today was my follow-up appointment. I knew when I woke up at 8AM swimming in a pond of pus, it would not be a good day. One of those teeny-tiny laparoscopic incisions has become a breeding ground for infection and whatnot. The good doctor ripped open with a force equal to that needed to open pickle jars reopened that incision, poked around a bit to encourage MORE drainage and then let his wonderful nurse pack the wound. Keep in mind that a packed wound needs daily changing, much like a baby's loaded diaper. Guess who gets that lovely job? Yup, me if I don't pass out, puke or otherwise have a nasty reaction. I am morbidly fascinated by the notion yet deeply disgusted by the vile potion my body is producing. Appearantly, pain meds don't quite kill the pain of this exercise in fun so many of you may hear screams later this evening.

And remember that list of Christmas things I had to do yet? We are now renaming it as the Christmas 2007 to-do list. With any luck, that may just work out well for us. lol. I have accomplished some rather vanilla knitting while camped in the chair: finished a baby raglan pullover(it just needed sleeves and a neckband), a pair of mittens for the parish mitten tree (next year) and a hair for my SIL undergoing chemo...it's nearly done. I have more complex things on the needles but given my "coked-out" mind at the moment, I am sticking to easy, small projects. Looks just as impressive, right?

looks like that might just be all the sober brain cells I have at the moment. Many of you know where to find me if you need me.

5 Comments:

Blogger KnitterBunny said...

man, what crapola. You have got to get better. That whole pus and repacking a wound thing sucks. But hey, an ass mold could be fun if you made it out of jello.

12/14/2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

aw, you are a stronger person than me! i had a mole removed a few years ago and passed out when my mom took the band-aid off. well, i'm a bit pass-out prone anyway, but still!

hope you get better and the wound heals up! and i'm glad it at least sounds like you're taking it easy! : )

12/14/2006 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yickles - that sounds terrible! Crank the pain meds and click those needles ;)

12/14/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

To give you something to do while recuperating - you've been tagged! (see my blog)

12/14/2006 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, EW. Good luck with that. I hope it heals quickly...

12/15/2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home