Monday, October 16, 2006

Baby's got a brand new sweater

Just in time too! The temps are dropping and we definitely need sweaters and jackets outside now.Some time ago, Bron the Cotton Queen and I swapped yarns. This is what I finally did with mine...knit the babe a sweater.I know, I know, vital stats, right?


Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus in Jazz (3615). Cannot say enough about this yarn. Thanks, Bron for turning me on to it! Pattern was from The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd, raglan worked seamless from the bottom up. Hence the issues with the neckline. E loves it but I really hate it. Three tries and this was the best we could come up with. As long as she will wear it, I guess I can live with it.

And finally, a quilt top pieced last week. A certain Southern knitter generously shared her stash of quilting goodies with me when she moved...this fabric jumped out and said "Use me first", so I added some white from the cabinet and viola! I am not sure I like the layout so much just yet and have not decided who will receive this one, the pattern was certainly easy enough. Fast 5 is the pattern name but I cannot remember the link or find the pattern right this minute.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Darling daughter in darling sweater. As long as the kid likes and wears it, it's a winner! The quilt is looking good too. Glad you could use those poor abandoned pieces.

10/16/2006 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see the yarn put to good use - she looks so happy in her sweater!

10/17/2006 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I just had to come over to your blog and tell you how wonderful I thought it was that you made that beautiful "prarie" outfit for the Princess Clothesknit! She looks so happy in it. I think you made that childs year! I know Amanda was so thrilled. Good Karma has to be coming your way for doing such a nice thing!

10/20/2006 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home