Thursday, September 14, 2006

Because You Know It Is Funny When....


Two pasty white girls from the hills start actin' all gangsta, YO! Don't ask...I guess it was just one of those days. Like my kids have a clue about gangsters and signs and such. Too many viewings of Judging Amy reruns featuring Graciella and too many Law & Order marathons on TNT or whatever channel shows it non-stop. It was much needed comic relief after a loooong day of school with much confusion.


I did find time this evening to do a little shop-stocking. CreativeMamaDuck is now boasting handknit baby socks ($7, free 1st class shipping in the US) along with the sock bags. More items are in the works, I just have not found the time for everything yet. Other items on the list include retro aprons (oh YEAH! Baby!), larger tote bags (hey, Jane, send your friends!), possibly a quilted bag or two and hopefully, in the near future, baby and lap quilts. I will take special orders!

I was so happy tonight to finish a few sock bags and start a retro apron. I love it and will find it hard to put in the shop. I tell myself if it doesn't sell, then I can keep it....like I need another apron. I have an entire buffet drawer full of my grandmother's aprons. Ones she made 40-50+ years ago, wore every day and then still had when she moved to the nursing home last fall. One of my very first housewarming gifts umpteen years ago was an apron I remember her wearing to bake cookies. I love it even though it is red. Seems I have a fascination with aprons that goes back a long way. As a teen, my bedroom was once decked out in vintage aprons of all varieties. I have them all and the girls think I must have been the weirdest kid in school to hang old aprons on my lavender walls. Maybe I was, but I was happy so what does it really matter?

Hope your week is going well...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Oh, I love your baby socks! Hope the ones I'm planning come out as good. I'll do my best to make my brain remember to link to your fabulous bags - if I don't, send me an email and bop me!

9/14/2006 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, do we get to seeee the aprons? I'm not a fan of red either. I have a piece of red fabric with a cute retro print on it, but for the life of me I find it almost impossible to use!

Love the socks, of course. Them girls is lovely, YO!

9/16/2006 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home