Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Runabout

Thank you all for the wonderful comments about the quilt. It jumped into a box bound for Georgia this morning. I hope it brings much comfort to the new owner. Helen had asked me if I did the work freehand. Yes. I did not mark this quilt in any way, just sat down with my quilting fingertips (rubber, nubby things just for the fingertips to help grip the quilt), a free motion foot and a timer. Yes, I said a timer. A very wise and talented quilting friend told me to only work 15 or 20 minutes at a time on it to prevent sore shoulders and frustration. I followed her advice and found that the timer actually helped me accomplish more in a day. 15 minutes of quilting, 15 minutes of something else then 15 more minutes to quilt. My dream is to own a long arm quilting machine whenever I find the perfect house with room for one and then quilt professionally for other quilters after some more practice. I have 2 or 3 quilt tops waiting to be quilted so I'd say practice is coming! In the past, I have hand quilted and enjoyed the experience but this house just does not have room for a frame to be set up at all. Too many hobbies and people, not enough house!

I haven't touched the needles for days. One kiddo is sick, another is whining she doesn't feel well but seems healthy enough for playing (avoiding school, the new game). Hubster's not feeling well and I'm whupped. I want to be elsewhere right now, relaxing and recharging my spirit. It will happen at the right time I suppose, I just wish it could be now. My writing is disjointed and jumbled. My sewing is chaotic yet productive, I haven't lost myself in a good book for weeks, my knitting is suffering. Life does that to us sometimes. I don't like it, not one bit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hello again Jill! Was stoked to see a comment from you in my Blog and then when i popped back into yours there I was in your actual post! :) Must get some of those quilting finger tip gloves you mentioned. My last attempt at free motion stitching was just woeful, I unpicked it all and just did a straight diamond pattern! Anyway, your quilt was beautiful, hope its going to a lovley home. Take care, helen

9/09/2006 4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home