Saturday, September 30, 2006

FO on Parade

Vital Stats: Child's First Sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. Yarn: Lang Jawoll. Needles; DPN, US1(I think) SPI: 9.5 to fit Miss E's foot. These are BDay socks for her...almost knee socks! I like this pattern and will probably knit it again but at 8spi!



Jumper for Ems. Am still thinking of things to make for her, so be patient Lynn! (roflmao, I know) This one is just plain, so she can wear it with any shirt she has. Must remember to find tights to toss in the box too.



R's bday socks. Vital Stats: Purl Lace Socks from XRX's Socks, Socks, Socks. Same yarn as above, DPN US2, 8spi. Again, I like the pattern but will probably not knit it again as I am fairly certain this is the second or third pair I've knit.





Miss E's Laura costume from LAST year is finally finished. I do not remember why she changed her mind about it then but she decided she wanted it finished since I have another one in the works for a friend's daughter. (Hi Princess G!) E didn't want a pinafore but I may make her one yet. Notice the mess behind her? Due in part to not enough storage space in this house and in other part to my knitting sprawl. Yup. S-P-R-A-W-L. Like urban only knitting. It's a good thing.



And finally, some Trekking 77 socks. I believe I have found a new favorite sock yarn! Vital Stats: Pattern: Spey Valley from KOTR (Nancy Bush). DPN US 2, 8spi. Made to fit a size 10 foot, so they definitely are not living in my sock drawer. Love the pattern, even the Vikkel Braid, so these are also on the 'will knit again' list.


Lately, there has not been much time to create. That is sad, sad news, believe me folks. School is taking most of my waking hours. Hubster has shingles now on top of everything else so add 1 grumpier than usual man to the mix and Mama needs a break. Today and tomorrow have been allotted to creative pursuits, catching up on emails, blogs and all that jazz, so I am outta here!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just casted on for the child's first sock this morning!! Yours looks fab! Sorry to hear about hubby - take care of yourself.

9/30/2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

My goodness Jill, you have been BUSY!! Everything looks great. Trekking is very high on my list of favorite sock yarns, too.

9/30/2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Jill, All those socks!!! They are just adorable as always and I guess you are coming into sock season. It is hot hot hot here, 35 today, so I am afraid I have been a little uninspired in the knitting department. But once again you make me want to pick up the needles. Maybe I will have something finished by next winter.

10/14/2006 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home