Monday, September 18, 2006

The 3 States of Matter

are definitely not: yarn, fabric, thread or in line, WIP, FO but rather solid, liquid and gas. Every 1st grader loves this lesson, I swear, but few can pull it off with the polish and jazz of my youngest. Who, while reviewing the previous week's lessons, somehow managed to time her sentence and flatulence perfectly. Whoever says boys are worse than girls has yet to meet our clan because not only was this feat met with gales of laughter, it has been retold numerous times to anyone who will listen. That includes Super Grandpa who thought he was going to hear a straight account of lessons, not the highlights. Top off the musical portion of the program with a retelling of Tarak, the nomad girl who settled in the Fertile Crescent and loved to eat wild horse meat, and well, I am fairly certain my father is now among the grandparents who wish they could have had the grands before the kids! Hope the laugh started your day off right, Dad. I know E sure loved knowing she was the cause of the laughter and that for once, you got to be the first grandparent to hear her exploits.


Now before y'all go and think I've given up my craftiness to be the world's funniest mama, don't dispare. I've been knitting my sore little fingers like a mad woman, whipped up a jumper for a special little girl and managed to trace off a few patterns. However, the weather here has been dreary. Yesterday for the OSU-UC game, (GO BUCKEYES!!!) it was bright and sunny there but cloudy and yuck here, a mere 2 hour drive from the Shoe. Bummer. So the camera has been hiding, hoping for a better photo day.

Someone, I believe it was either Ingrid or Helen, tagged me for a meme...5 weird things about me.

1. I name my tools, autos and other things. Athena is my sewing machine, Earl is the mom-taxi, Betty is my mixer.

2. I do not care for salad but always keep salad dressings around as dips.

3.I keep a bottle of Elmer's Glue-All on my desk to play with. Squeeze a little out, let it dry and then peel it off. My elementary art teacher would yell at me for that.

4.My body cannot tolerate the cold well yet I long to live in a cabin in the mountains with feet upon feet of snow. Go figure.

5.My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Not for the reason but for the food. I love to fix a feast, especially a rich, fattening one that calls for real butter...lots of real butter.

I tag whomever would like to join in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Peeling dried glue off your hands! Wow! That brought back heaps of memories from my high school days, we used to do that too during maths class, soooooo boring! LOL Always fasinating watching it dry then peeling it off, seeing if you can do it in one hit..... :)

9/18/2006 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home