Friday, December 08, 2006

Waylaid by my appendix

About this time last night, I was heading to the recovery room after emergency surgery to remove my ruptured appendix. I've been through a c-section almost completely UNnumb, lived through a ruptured eardrum and truly thought nothing could hurt as bad as either of those. Boy, was I wrong. Morphine was my new best friend for most of the day and night yesterday. Today, I'm down to tylenol with codeine, at my insistence since Darvocet just makes me sleep and doesn't touch the pain. And I'm home because that damn hospital bed was killing me. I wasn't getting round the clock nursing care (I didn't need it after last night) so I opted to come home early and crash in the chair. I'm going to take it extremely easy for the next 2 weeks so that means very little posting and a delay in email replies. But I will get around to those replies ASAP.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

oh, jill! that's horrible! i certainly hope everything heals up quickly!

12/08/2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oh my goodness, what bad news! I'm glad you are doing fine now. Take care of yourself, and use your down time to catch up on your reading and do a lot of knitting!

12/08/2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

I SOOOO remember my appendix episode years ago. I couldn't decide which was worse ... staying in the hospital with their miserable food & beds & nurses waking you every 5 minutes, or going home without the morphine drip!

HANG IN THERE!!

12/09/2006 3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YICKLES! So sorry to hear...rest, rest, knit, and knit some more. Take care of yourself!

12/09/2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

Oh, MY! Poor you! Please get plenty of rest and then get some rest. Then, while you're resting, get well soon!

12/10/2006 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to be resting, Jill! Oh my goodness, what an eventful few days! Get better...we'll be praying for your speedy recovery!

12/13/2006 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home