Monday, December 04, 2006

Opinions, please

First with the opinions, then with what passes as news...


Knitters, if you could have only one stitch dictionary in your library, which one and why?
The Knitpicks Options set...yeah or nay?

Leave me a comment or email me at sewjillquilts@verizon.net


News from Chez Duck:
Not much really. It's cold. Really cold. I hate the cold.

J has a job caring for an elderly lady with Alzheimer's 2 days/wk. Some days she loves it, others she hates. She's saving her pays and spending responsibly.

One of Hubster's SIL has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Things are not good right now for her. I can't force myself to go see her.

E can read. And add. And count by 5s and 10s easily. Did I mention she can read?

Holiday knitting is in full swing as is the holiday sewing. I swore I was not going to craft at all for the holidays this year. Note to self: remember you have no self-control. Things completed: 5 (4 aprons and a tote bag). Things on the needles: 5(2 adult sized sweaters, a scarf, a sock and a wrist warmer). Things on the cutting table: 3(flannel shirt for Hubster, rag doll for E(hey, A...) and pj bottoms for me). Cookies baked: Zero. Hams purchased: zero. Gifts wrapped: zip. Tree up? Nope. Outside lights up? Not even close.

Other than that, I have hit the wall. Many bloggers have said pretty much the same thing. The cause of my stoppage is many fold: fibro sucks the life out of me, being poor causes anxiety and stress which causes fibro flares...the circle never ends. This year, I really want to be elsewhere for Christmas and can't. The girls want to be elsewhere as well. It just bites to be unable to do what you want when you want ALL the time. It wears you out in a way that is utterly indescribable. So overlook me until I am in a better frame of mind.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I said I would start making gifts last summer. I didn't. Last weekend after frogging an almost completed sock I gave up on Christmas knitting. It was a definite weight of my chest.

You seem like you're doing well on yours though. You can do it!

12/04/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

sending you warm, sunny florida weather and encouraging thoughts! : )

12/05/2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Dang, you are busy!! Ok, one stitch dictionary, I think any one of the Barbara Walker ones. I LOVE the Knitpicks Options set, especially for lace because of the pointier points (as opposed to Addis or any bamboo.) Looks like pretty much the only Christmas knitting I'm going to be able to complete is my Christmas stockings.

12/05/2006 12:23 AM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

I don't have a stitch dictionary so I can't recommend anything there, but I absolutely LOVE the KnitPicks Options!!

Your holiday knitting & decorating sound exactly like what's going on here. Hang in there!

12/05/2006 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably a Barbara Walker one and, as you know, I *heart* KP's Options!

12/05/2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

Wow. It must be an epidemic. I keep hearing how people are feeling really down this season, me, as you know, included. It really does suck. Having said that, you've done more than I've done. I have not even done a single knitting project, and I don't know how to sew. Meh.

My only piece of advice? Go see your hubby's SIL. It's important.

12/05/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

Stitch dictionary? One of Barbara Walkers. Not sure which, but I have volume 1 & 2.

Knitpicks options? Absolutely!

12/06/2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home