Sunday, December 31, 2006

FO Rundown

Once again, I'm blaming Jane for something. She always gets my brain going and usually my needles too! One of her recent posts was a tally of FO for 2006, which reminded me that in January, I set a goal to beat her ungodly number of socks knit. Did I manage to do just that???

11 pairs of mittens
2 scarves
1 Clapotis
1 child sweater
1 hat
1 baby sweater
1 baby afghan
4 pairs wrist warmers
AND

26 pairs of socks!! That would include 10 pairs of infant socks and 16 pairs of adult and child socks.

Sewing FOs:
2 round handle bags
5 tote bags
Kitchen curtains
2 skirts for E
1 skirt for me
1 needle case
2 dresses for E
1 top for me
2 jumpers
1 Laura Ingalls costume
5 aprons
1 quilt completed start to finish
2 quilt tops pieced

I know I've sewn a lot more than this but did not blog about much of that. Bummer. Better luck in 2007.

Goals for 2007:

Find a pressure canner (hopefully thrifted!)
Knit 5 more pairs of mittens for the parish mitten tree
Knit 27 pairs of socks. (Jane, that is a challenge to you!)
Another Irish Hiking Scarf, possibly in blue this time.
A cardi for me, maybe in lavender?
A pullover or two for me...top-down raglans
Finish up the stack of quilt tops and sell them off.
Make some tote bags for my shop
A few summer outfits for my Ems out west
3 rag dolls...one for E and two for some cuties down south
2 visits with Duck.
Finish Christmas shopping by Halloween.


ETA: LUNCH WITH JAN. Make that raising you-know-what with Jan!! We'll probably get tossed from the place and threatened with the joint because, well, we just will. (Note to Jan: Forgive me for the oversight? It really HAS been on my mind for a while now. Somehow, I think you'd laugh until you pee when you hear about the adventures of the mighty-yet-completely-useless-appendix and his good friend, green-pus. I promise to only use my fork to eat with and leave the mud at home!)

What are your goals?

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! You left out LUNCH WITH JAN! What were you thinking???

1/01/2007 2:12 AM  
Blogger Ren said...

26 pairs of socks! how impressive!

1/01/2007 11:59 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I'm jealous! How come Jan gets to have lunch with you and not me?! And what in the world is an FO. Remember, none knitters read this site, too!
The first day of a new year. Only the Lord knows what it will bring but what comfort to know that we're under the "shadow of the Almighty."
Ps.91:1-2: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

1/02/2007 12:00 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Wow! That's a lot of progress in one year. Geeez. Stop makin' the rest of us look bad. ;-)

Send me your email address, will ya?

1/02/2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger jill said...

Jan: Lunch with you is DEFINITELY on the plan!

Ren: I think your FO list is more impressive, especially considering you are a 1st yr knitter. You go girl!

Lynn: Well, let's see...could it be that Jan is only 2 hours away and you're 3000mi? It isn't like I can just hop in the van and met you halfway at some resturant. Not that you'd let me out of cooking. lol. Someday again, I promise. A FO is a finished object.

Femiknitmafia: Email addy sent. Thanks so much for stopping by. You've made a lot of progress in a year, just a different type!

1/02/2007 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be friends with Jane! My family has informed me that I'm way too old to have an imaginary friend so I need someone to blame...may I borrow Jane? Someone ate the last piece of fudge!

1/04/2007 12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm in the doghouse. What say we go to have lunch with Lynn?

1/04/2007 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home