Tuesday, December 26, 2006

5 weird things

Jane tagged me a while ago for the 5 (or is it 6) weird things meme. Y'all have seen it, you know the rules...consider yourself tagged if you so desire.

1. I do not wear a watch.

2. When I do wear a watch, it is one of my father's old ones which is too large in the band and the face that he brought to me in a box of misc stuff from a drawer in the office. I love that he had it marked "new batt" on the back of the watch in sharpie which promptly tattoed me when I wore it and got hot.

3. I abhor cats. Yes, I am a knitter and yes, I hate cats.

4. I have this thing about the texture of food in my mouth. I prefer crunchy, crispy to soft or soggy. Meat I can take or leave as long as there is gravy and potatoes.

5. I hate paying full-price for anything. If I don't have a coupon, find a sale or what I want at a thrift store, I have been known to do without for months because brand-new is too pricey. For things that cannot be bought this way, I budget for months, literally, to buy new (like tires for the van. oy@@)

6. While I almost always use an apron when cooking anymore, I almost always end up with handprints on my rear. Something my grandmother used to find extremely funny. In fact, somewhere I am certain a picture exists of me in a full apron covered in flour AROUND the apron...it was part of her Christmas gift one year as a joke.



On the healing front: recovery is slow. Things are still gross, ouchy and exhausting. Taking a shower every other day or so is sometimes too taxing. Thank God for teenage daughters who enjoy the fact that their baby sister still believes in Santa and who are willing to go the extra mile to make things happen. Santa arrived at the appointed time and put smiles on all their faces (with a little help from the West Coast branch of the family and Catwoman. LOL) Ham dinner was consumed and the mess was magically swept away by elves J, R and E! Holiday phone calls were made and naps were taken by all.

I'd hoped Santa would bring some knitpicks stuff but I guess he missed that letter. Rather, his elf was not listening during the extended hint-dropping periods and clues left in plain sight via the catalog. Anyone else have this trouble with the resident elf?

Knitting has been the only excitement lately. If you can call 7 pairs of mittens in 2 weeks excitement. I have tried to work on the never-ending-great-green-blob-cardigan for Hubster but the darn thing bumps that nasty incision and bothers me so I decided to just use up the wool stash and get my mitten goal for 2007 accomplished now. I encourage doing now for next year. So much easier to do when the pressure for this year is off but the overwhelment (a word?) is fresh in one's mind. I'd really love to hit the after sales and pick up bath sets for the gift shelf along with Christmas pjs for next year but am not really thinking I will get out and accomplish all that just yet since just reclining the chair wipes me out somedays still.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Sorry to see you are still in recovery, but it looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. And, yes, the elf around here misses the same kind of hints. sigh. But goof for you for finishing one of your 2007 goals already!

12/26/2006 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, sorry to hear recovery is going slowly, but i'm really glad that your girls helped out to make Christmas good!

i don't like cats much either...

12/26/2006 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home