Friday, January 12, 2007

Customer Service

Remember that defective KP needle? The replacement arrived today and guess what! It was defective as well. I could not believe it, a burr in the middle of the needle. Being a fiery redhead, nothing would do but a phone call this time. Best to deal with it person to person instead of person to computer. A very pleasant sounding woman named Randi (yes, with an "i", I verified that) answered and was prompt about addressing my problem. She offered to send me yet another replacement needle via priority mail (last time was slow first class). When I stated that I could care less about the priority shipping but really wanted someone to physically pull the needle from the packaging, run it through their fingers and check the damn thing first, she said "Let me check and make sure we can do that before I make a promise". She checked and said the warehouse WOULD check the needle. Then she also said that she would give me a $5.00 credit on my account because they aren't having many complaints about this particular needle. I'm betting most folks are like me, you get what you pay for and since these needles are the cheapest price out there, many just toss them in the trash when they turn to shit, as my dad likes to say. I am still not convinced I would invest in the entire collection of classic circs or buy the interchangeable set. Their customer service evokes mixed feelings in me. Some times it has been awesome, like today, and other times, well, less than stellar sums it up nicely.


In other news:
I have an internal stitch working it's (or is it its?) way to the outside. ICK!

I had a small visit with my former boss lady last night. So nice to be loved and missed after all this time. I love how she always finds time to chat with my girls, get caught up on their doings a bit and how she keeps me in the loop despite the fact that I left the work force years ago. I think she holds out hope I'll return and kick some butt again someday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a bad experience with the KP cabels too - they unscrew while I'm knititng and the connections catch. I only got 4s (my Denise needles which I love, have never had a bit of trouble with and who have great customer service) only go as small as 5s. But the classic circulars don't have the same problem.

1/13/2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger Miss Amy said...

I have been wanting to try the KP interchangeables but have been very afraid. I either hear rave reviews or experiences that make me shudder in fear. Maybe some day I will. I am drawn to the flexability of the circ. And "it's" is just like saying it is and "its'" is like the dog has its' bed meaning it belongs to something or someone

1/16/2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home