Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday Finished Works

It has been a busy 10 days here at Chez Duck. A few weeks, yes weeks, ago, Hubster had a minor, in-office procedure done for polyps. As with all things Hubster, this has not been minor and yet not been major either...he's slowly bouncing back to his usual ornery self and driving me bonkers in the process. On top of this recovery, we have still had school going on, a massive garage clean-out along with the usual life stuff. Lately, by the time I have time to sit and do anything, I fall asleep.

A finished project, finally! Vital Stats: Simplicity 3882, view B. Fabric from Joni as part of the One Yard Fabric Swap a while back. My only change to this pattern, I used fabric instead of vinyl for the outside pocket. I plan to make this bag again, lengthening the handles, using fusible batting and triming the batting pieces before seaming. I really do love this bag. As you can see, it has everything a mom needs:


One of my favorite things is how the seams for the handles formed 4 tiny pockets perfect for either pens OR Dpns!The smaller pocket next to those tiny ones are perfect for a pocket size package of tissues. This truly is a knitter's purse.




Now for what everyone has been waiting for: A FINISHED CLESSIDRA!!


I really cannot say enough wonderful things about this pattern. As we know, I love to knit socks but had put off knitting true knee socks after a dismal attempt using a fill-in-the-blanks type pattern. The fear is now gone! I will knit more of these for winter wear. I absolutely love how this one feels and looks. This one was actually finished on Friday, the 23rd right before 5PM (Miss E had library after school club, that's how I know!). The second sock is on the needles. I'll knit until the yarn runs out, by then the Knitpicks order should be almost here. (No, I haven't ordered it yet...I will by the weekend, I think)
Allowing for the order placement and delivery, I am now aiming for a finish date of April 11.

5 Comments:

Blogger busybee said...

The sock looks fabulous! I have been a bit slack on mine because of school, but I turned in my masters paper today so I can devote more attention to it. I'm jealous of your sewing skills too. :) Congrats on finishing a project!

3/28/2007 8:42 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Finished project looks great!
Wanna read what I'm putting in guestbooks today?
Today's passage is longer because I wanted to include the whole sentence. Know that I'm here continuing to pray!
Ephesians 3:14-19 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

3/28/2007 11:26 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

oooh! the bag looks great and so does the sock! i love knee-socks! : )

3/29/2007 1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful! Those must have taken forever to knit.

3/30/2007 8:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL socks! It's one thing I just haven't tackled. I'm jealous. :-)

4/07/2007 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home