Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm all about the socks

Of all the things I have knit, socks are the most rewarding, interesting and fun. I can only think of a few times when there have not been socks on the needles. This month has been no exception. See?




For Wee Tiny Sock Swap hosted by the lovely Emily. This is a seriously tiny sock. Think quarter-sized. Only took about an hour for me to knit this beauty up from some Lorna's Laces in Desert Flower. Thanks for the pattern and the swap Emily! I hope my "victim" likes it as much as I do.






The much awaited Trekking 126 socks for me. I cannot believe the stripes matched up perfectly. To the stitch! Vital Stats: Trekking 126, US 1 dpns, 72 stitches in just boring stockinette stitch. These are packed away to be my first pair worn in the fall. I always try to have at least one pair tucked back for when cold weather returns. Although this year, the cold is not leaving. Snow again today.





And now the masterpiece in progress: Clessidra. I simply could not wait to start these. That is unusual for me since I am typically the last knitter in blogdom to jump on the bandwagon. I just finished the third leg decrease last night, after these bad photos were shot. Cast on for this one on Weds at 2:00pm. I usually do not track time spent on a project but this one I am trying to keep track of a bit better. I have slipped it on and it will fit snugly, as I like knee socks to be. I hope the inital try-on doesn't come back to haunt me later. We'll see. I even joined the KAL: A CLESSIDRA KAL! Come join us! Tell 'em I sent you. ;o) And yes, that is really what my desk looks like all the time. Piled on top of the papers is usually some knitting because my hands are never still until I am asleep.


Mariah is still holding for more yarn. I put off placing the order until I saw how Clessidra was going to work since one skein of KP Bare is not going to be enough. Nope, still haven't ordered the yarn because I've been busy knitting Clessidra, cleaning house and shuttling children to state-mandated testing that shows nothing about what they really know. I will do us all a favor and not climb the soapbox steps today.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Kristie said...

I agree.. socks are the most rewarding, interesting and fun! Good luck with the Clessidra. Although I LOVE the look of them, I don't know if I could get them to fit properly because of my calves. I can't wait to see yours though.

Your wee tiny sock is adorable, but I LOVE the Trekking socks.

3/16/2007 1:06 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

i really liked the clessidra socks... can't wait to see yours done!

3/16/2007 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects, as usual! I love the Trekking colorway - my favorite colors. :-) Keep the pics coming, I love 'em!

3/16/2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

I'm right behind you (for now) on the Clessidra socks, and can't wait to see someone in the KAL finish theirs. Abs. stunning!

3/18/2007 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home