Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sleepless nights are beginning to drag me way down. I have been exhausted for so long and now find myself waking up after a toss-n-turn session almost every night. I hate our mattress. Give me back my old waterbed any day! I keep trying to convince the Hubster to consider returning to the waves in the bedroom but no dice. Hrmph! At least he's kind enough to let me nap in the afternoons when I have time.

Last weekend's piecing fest was appearently a one-time enagement. Boo-hiss. This weekend was spent entertaining the MIL one afternoon and sleeping today. R wanted to get her very own, brand new sewing machine so we trotted off to The Gates of Hell to pick up the one she wanted. She picked a beaut, that's for sure. This afternoon, she finished piecing a quilt top (pictures will surface at some point) and a drawstring bag. Not bad for a dyslexic kid who still struggles with directions at times. I'm proud of her and all her many talents...I think she could be a wonderful costume designer for the theatre industry personally.

As for personal crafting, I've finished two baby sweaters that have been languishing in the pile for most of the summer. Well, finished except for buttons. I'll have to pick some up the next time I hit Joann's. I've also sent a baby afghan to the frog pond. Hubster and I mulled it over and reached the decision that a wee one's fingers or toes might become caught in it. I started another one and have it roughly a TENTH of the way completed already. Notice: a tenth. Not much really but given how much my body hurts, it sure seems like a lot.

The lack of posting comes from the combination of no energy and a slow setting depression. I just cannot find anything to be funny about. No, I can but believe me, few other people would find humor in the lack of oomph to brush your teeth, the 20 minute battle to get dressed some mornings or the million other complaints which are newly revealed to me with each new ache. One of the things I am finding most bothersome and disturbing is how painful it is to hold a book. I know, I could do the whole book on cd thing but honestly, that sucks the joy of reading right out for me. The crafting issues are not so bothersome now that R has a machine of her own...today was very "live through her" in a way in that her needing just my guidance scratched the "I need to create" itch for me. Am I am naive enough to think that will always work? No, not by any stretch of the imagination. Am I relishing it now? Most definitely. She and I have a plan in place to work on getting projects staged for days when we both have time to sew together. She enjoys piecing quilts for charity and I find doing so is an excellent way to teach her concepts she'd fuss at otherwise. So we have a plan and will work on it this week as I feel up to it. I've found that if I knit until my elbow starts to hurt a smidge, I can stop and still feel like sewing later. Duh...only took me a while to figure that out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Hi. I enjoy reading your blog and love seeing pictures of your quilts. Hope your health improves soon (I'd offer remedies and words of advice if I had any to give).

11/07/2005 3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Fibromyalgia is a very difficult illness to live with. I know this because I have had it for 10 years. Have you considered calling your doc? I take a pain med. and a muscle relaxer. It just might help you as well.

11/07/2005 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home