Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Despite not feeling up to par, I managed to accomplish a bit of piecing over the weekend. 2 bits of piecing actually and boy did doing that make me feel happier! Here is my favorite work of late: Vital stats: fabric was a bundle I picked up at Miller's for a mere $4, pattern is a meshing of one from a book and something that just came to me while piecing the colored blocks. Dainty yet whismical and cute, perfect for a baby girl.


And next is a semi-far out piece taking from a book. The center of the blocks is a fabric I love, it's the curtains in my laundry room. When I saw it, I knew I had to make a quilt with it. I tend to stick it darker colors if left to my own devices: greens, burgandies, tans, beiges, etc. This piece just screamed for brights and given the dready fall weather we've seen lately, it was just what the quilt doctor ordered. Vital stats: Fabrics from Joann's. Both quilt tops will be jumping into a box heading to Touching Little Lives, an Ohio based charity for newborns.


In fibro news, I notice that if I do not make time to nap in the afternoon, I feel much, much worse. I started back into adding a Super B vitamin complex and folic acid into my daily routine. Not sure if they really help but I
think I feel better when I take them. The Maxlatt for migraines works wonders for me, which is a blessing. I hate headaches, period.


Edited to clarify: I mixed up my notes about the pictures. I'm sure you all are smart enough to figure that out. LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

It's been a while since we've talked, and I've neglected my blog reading badly lately. Your new quilts are lovely! You really have a good eye for color and design.

11/03/2005 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your quilts, and glad you are finding some things to help feel better.
Thanks for the Joann tips!

11/05/2005 5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wondering what Maxlatt is? I really suffer from migraines and am always looking for things that help.

11/24/2005 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home