Tuesday, October 18, 2005

More waiting

Seems like I've spent a lifetime waiting. Waiting for phone calls, mail, in waiting rooms and lobbies. Just waiting. Today, I went prepared despite the rather severe pain zinging through every joint in my body. A wee baby sweater in progress jumped into my prized Liz Claiborne bag and jumped back out at the doctor's office. Sure am glad I let it tag along for that 30+minutes spent waiting. And I'm not whining about the wait. I know Dr C took extra time with the patient before me and then took extra time with ME, thanks to my handy list of complaints.

After an exam and several vials of blood, he reached the notion that I may be suffering from fibromyalgia, rhuematoid arthritis or another form of arthritis or possibly sleep apnea. None of these are welcome news at all. I was really hoping he'd come up with something I hadn't thought of and therefore had not already researched a bit. I cannot see a sleep apnea problem causing this much joint pain, muscle aches and the headaches. Trying very hard to just be patient and wait for the test results before allowing myself to get too worked up. Fibromyalgia or arthritis at this place in my life terrify me. 5.5 yrs I've been the fulltime caregiver to not only the kidlets but the Hubster too. Finally, he's at a semi-stable, up and about point and now I'm going down? Just does not seem fair at all. The kidlets are all at least semi-independent of me( all are capable of pb&j, toast and cheese sandwiches, can dress themselves and amuse themselves or each other)...we should be enjoying the mobility that comes with this stage of their lives.

I'm going to stop while I'm ahead. No sense in getting upset with things I cannot control just yet. I am going to focus on getting as much rest as I can, eating better (ha!) and try to listen to my body more. As always, I welcome comments, encouragement and links to info, especially health/natural therapies. For now, I'm off to bed after my dose of Lexapro and maybe some tylenol. Lexapro is the new med Dr C wants me to try...he says it can help relax the muscles and possibly help me sleep a wee bit better. After 3 nights in a week of waking up at 2 or 3 in severe pain, I'll try almost anything. Keep your fingers knitting so I may get a fiber high through you...if you don't knit, then do something and enjoy the painFREE movement.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I have had fibromyalgia for 10 years. I am 48 btw. I lead a very busy and fulfilling life with the chronic pain of this disorder. It is not easy but I decided to rule the pain and not allow it to rule me. I am mom of 2 kids and a psychiatric nurse. Good luck and G-d bless!!

10/19/2005 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I was surfing for home savings blogs when I found your home savings blog. I think you'll enjoy this **free coupon** site.

10/20/2005 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah, no good health news from anyone lately. Here's hoping you get a few good nights of sleep and the least of the worst.

10/26/2005 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home