Thursday, September 29, 2005

Houston, We have DSL!

Yeah, buddy! I am one overly excited mama right now. Our dsl was ready a whole day ahead of schedule (thanks verizon!). Despite my fears that I would somehow manage to screw up the installation of the kit provided, things went quickly and smoothly. Have I mentioned how much I'm loving this?! The kids do a lot of online games, music, etc...I just cannot get over how quickly everything loads. Even blogs carrying warnings for those not on broadband which used to take forever as done in a blink of my eye. Good-bye aol, you money-sucking, not-so-virus-protecting thing, you. You read right. I found 4 viruses last night after getting dsl up and running. AOL's promise of virus protect rings hollow here as does their spyware stuff. Unless I'm a complete moron, as my kids suggested.

I'm itching to add graphics and lots of pics to this space but someone (NOT me) has either lost or used all the correct sized batteries for the digi cam so I'm up the creek without a paddle for a few more days. There really isn't all that much to share, I am just in a hurry to get this space "jill'd up". lol

R. and I haven't been home much thanks to SuperGrandpa. SG is doing a house remodel for a friend and asked if we'd be willing to help out. Power tools! Hammers! Crow bars! Demo work! We are tired, sore and still feeling filthy after several showers but we have been having a lot of fun. SG lets R drive the truck around the property and let me tell you, if your kids don't have the chance to do stuff like this before they are legal, they are missing out! I think R's favorite thing so far, besides being a truck driving gal, has been the demo work. Ripping out 8' sections of sheetrock(drywall) with a hammer and crow bar is great therapy. We've had some giggles drawing faces on the walls (complete with names) and smashing them between the eyes. Don't go call the authorities on us, it's all harmless fun...she doesn't have a mean bone in her body normally. Blame SG for the idea. He thought it was funny.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you believe the difference?! I know I was shocked -- and in heaven -- when we first got our DSL. Oy, the time I used to spend waiting for stuff to download! Yep, the hubby is a wicked one. Wouldn't have it any other way. :) Have a good weekend, Jill!

Kerstin
crazydaisy.us

9/30/2005 4:47 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Welcome to the fast lane. I LOVE my DSL.

9/30/2005 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home