Wednesday, October 26, 2005

MIA, again. Maybe I should just give up blogging for the immediate future? No, probably not. What would I do with my considerable wit, wisdom and the ever-present need for some soapbox shouting? Oh yeah, I'm just that funny today.

The doctor believes I do indeed have fibromyalgia (sp?). I have to say I am not surprised in the least given how stressful my life has been for the past nearly 8 yrs, how little I really sleep, how out of wack my thyroid has been for most of those years. I am, however, finding it hard to be encouraged right now. My hands are rarely, if ever, still. Grandma always said busy hands were happy hands or something like that. I'm always doing something: writing, knitting, sewing, quilting...something. Until lately. Now, some days, just sitting up takes way more energy than I have. Holding a book can be unbelievably painful. Noise of any sort can drive me up the wall, light can make me cringe. Sleep is something I find myself doing upwards of 16 hours a day this week. Migraines are hell but at least the medicine he prescribed for them works wonders. The Lexapro is working somewhat...I am much less achy than I was a week ago but I am still far from feeling like myself. Self-pity is something I would like to think I do not do, period. Time will tell, I'm sure.


I did manage to work on E's Laura Ingalls costume. The dress only needs buttons, buttonholes, elastic in the wrists and a hem. The bonnet is DONE. Thank you, God!! That thing was a royal pain in the tush. Probably because I wanted to rush through things while I felt I could and misread the directions. D'oh!

And I wrapped my aching little mitts around Anne Bartlett's Knitting, thanks to J for finding it on the library shelves for me Monday during Storytime. Definitely a novel for any knitter who has been touched by another knitter but I doubt I would read it a second time. While reading it, I found myself thinking of all the knitters I "know" in blogland and how they touch me daily with their WIPS, FOs, wit, trials and joys. And how blessed I am to be able to connect with them, to call a few of them my friends, how inspired I am by their works whether they be FOs or heading to the frog pond. Thanks fellow knit-bloggers. ;o)

J fixed dinner not once but twice this week on her own! Yesterday was E's 6th bday. (Oy, do I feel OLD now) and J, being both the darling firstborn and adoring big sis volunteered, sorta, to fix E's requested taco dinner for me. I heard it was yummy...sure smelled delish but the thought of meat just turned my stomach. Pics of the bday girl will come at some point...then and nows? Maybe not since I am the c-section queen. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The C-section queen? Sweetie, you sound like someone dragged you around. I was beginning to think you were the dragged queen!

I'm alive and well enough, ready to get back to living again. Missed you!

I HEART you, sis!
Jan

10/27/2005 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home