Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Recovery For Old Folks

Getting old is rough. I am not equipped to deal with multiple events/appointments/excitement in short time spans any more. In the past 2 weeks, Hubster has had a colonoscopy (which revealed nothing new. Back to square one with that), J lost her job and the older girls and I went to our very first concert ever. John Mayer puts on an awesome show. I don't recommend Ben Folds though. Their stuff was nothing but noise and profanity. I can hold my own against any group of sailors but they were a little over the top with the language at times. Blossom Music Center is truly the place to experience great music and friendly people.This concert was J's EARLY Sweet 16 to herself, so she made a sign reading "It's My BDAY, SING ME A SONG"...so many folks came up and asked "what's your sign say?" then wished her a happy day.

The concert was Sunday night. We took the entire day, hit the mall, Tarjay, ate at Swensons, took the scenic route (read: NOT the freeway). I was too tired to swing by KSU Campus but we did cruise through Kent along the way. Along with Hudson, Streetsboro, Suffield, Brimfield and a host of other "bergs". Having strong family ties to that region, it is always like a trip home for us.

Yesterday, I spent the entire day huddled on the couch moaning in agony. My entire body hurt. Fibro will do that to a body, or at least mine once it's been chilled to the shivering point. No bug bites from the open air concert (we had actual seating in the pavillon!) but boy was it chilly. I have a feeling that it will take me the rest of the week to really recover...just in time for that 8 hour drive to that state up North. It's time for a vacation, the girls and I. We need a break from all this caregiving and stuff.

I don't know if I will make it to ThreadBear or not. Is it far from Route 127, does anyone know? Can any Michiganders (is that what y'all are called?) recommend yarn or quilt shops along 127? Maybe something with a great sale section, kid-friendly yet not too overwhelming.

4 Comments:

Blogger Thicket Dweller said...

I love Swenson's! That was our haunt when Bo and I went to Akron U. I have especially great memories of the day one of their young running servers handed me my order and told me I had beautiful eyes. ;-)

Sounds like you all had a lovely time, and I'm sorry your body resented you for it. :-/ Someday, we'll trade these bodies in, ya know? Won't that be grand?

7/03/2007 11:10 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Sorry to see you are hurting, but it looks like you had a great time. Enjoy your trip.

7/03/2007 11:58 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Oh Jill, getting old here too, teeth issues! But on the plus side, John Mayer! Very cool!!!!

7/16/2007 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been around...computer problems...browser problems...praying so for you!!!!!!!!!

What comforting words from the Redeemer!
Psalms 34:22 The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

7/26/2007 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home