Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Nothing Happening

There has been nothing really blogworthy for a while now. I knit the sock for HSP, packed my box and shipped it. It was received but not blogged about. I forgot to take pictures of everything because as usual, the batteries are missing for the camera. I thought it was a nice box, filled with goodies I'd like to receive. I've still not received my HSP box and it is now a full 12 days since hurricance season started. Not a single peep from my person about it either which is what really pisses me off. 2 months was plenty of time to throw stuff together, communicate with me and all that. So, HSP "pal" if you are reading this...sure hope you get the message.


In other events: STR Lightweight in "Scottish Highlands" that
Cynthia sent me for the last Yarn Aboard. I think I used my standard 2x2 rib, 54 stitch pattern but didn't make notes as this was therapy knitting from heaven. Cyn, thanks again for the swell box you and Ed put together for me! I truly enjoyed every single thing you sent and have used all the yarn now. (a pair of Trekking XXL for my "sister" in WA, a pair of Clessidra from the KP Bare and these to-die-for STR socks). STR is one of my favorite yarns now but not one I will probably buy for myself due to budget issues.




Two pairs of children's socks for the parish sock drive in the fall. My photographer used adult sock blockers for her photos but these really are for a child, about a shoe size 2. Both are knit from leftovers...the striped are KP Simple Stripes and a forgotten-brand blue for the heels while the pinks are from LL in Desert Rose (I think that's the colorway)











Of course, what is a post without a kiddo in it? The lovely Miss E showing her pattern and fabric choices for her first "real" sewing project. She wanted a "pj skirt" (don't ask, I don't know) so we set out to do just that. The fabric she picked was a Robert Kaufman (I think) print with slippers all over it...100% cotton. We used the gathered skirt directions from Kwik Sew's Sewing for Children book and bound the hem edge with deep purple bias in place of a true hem. E sewed the side seams and I finished off the casing, elastic and hem. Not bad for a 7.5 yo. She will not model it for me because she does not want it splattered across my blog. Her words, not mine.






And finally, to make my blogless "sister", Lynn, just faint...a shot of the melted wires to our hot water tank. Last week, I smelled something weird in the laundry room but could not locate the source right off. Just as I was about to walk out the door into the dining room, I saw a tiny wisp of smoke rising from the tank. A quick trip to the breaker box to trip the breaker, a screw driver and some fresh air later revealed this: This folks, is why wire nuts are to be tightened securely! The nut was not tight enough to start with and the washing machine vibrations worked it loose until we had a problem. Luckily, my father was able to repair things so we now have a safe hot water tank again. Which is shut off nightly at the breaker for my peace of mind now.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger clothesknit said...

a pyjama skirt? like the idea E!

and the str is lovely isn't it?

sorry to hear about your hsp woes...i know christy has been having quite a few problems this round. hopefully your box will come soon!

6/12/2007 9:45 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

It's great to see you again! That's some scary wiring problem, but it's good that you were able to get it fixed without any bad consequences. I'm sorry you are one of those who got burned in the Hurricane Swap - and on both ends, too. People who sign up for things like this and don't follow through are just low.

6/12/2007 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hsp should be ASHAMED. How hard is it to not sign up for a swap if you aren't planning to participate? And if you are running late, or have broken your arm and can't knit - write an email for crying out loud! *grumble grumble* No one minds being patient - but it is good to know there is something to be patient for!

Your socks look great!

6/13/2007 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch! Yeah, fainting dead away here! Thank you, Lord for keeping the whole Jones family safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having computer problems here which means I can't always check in...just know I'm always praying, okay?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are some wonderful verses for you!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

6/15/2007 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home