Tuesday, May 22, 2007

7 Things, the Way I Spent My Day

A while ago, Helen tagged me for the 7 Things Meme. I hadn't forgotten, honest. I was just brewing up 7 things.

1. I can wink with both eyes. This made me "famous" in high school due to the popularity of a game called "Killer" we played during English and Art History. No one was safe if I made stayed alive longer than 10 seconds and the teacher made sure to warn people I was a dual-winker and quick too. Lord, I miss that game!

2. I hate to shave my legs. Seriously. Isn't that gross?

3. Burps and farts by my daughters crack me up. Isn't that grosser yet?

4. I've been through a c-section awake and feeling every move. Thankfully, it was the last of 4 c-sections. I couldn't do that again if it would earn me a million bucks.

5. I've given birth to a baby over 10 pounds. The afore mentioned baby in #3. Can we say OUCH?

6. I attended college for 2 years but do not have a degree. Two different majors during those 2 years and both were the wrong one. I'd love to have a degree in some textile related field, even though I could never use it and live where I live.

7. I mend towels. In fact, that is how I spent part of my afternoon. Mending towels. I'm sure someone is cracking up over this...in fact, I can think of 2 someones who will find it funny. Yes, I know new ones can be bought but what fun is that? Ranks up there with buying socks...just plain dumb.

8. Teaching my daughters is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I wish I had done it from the start with them all. I also wish I had a well-stocked liquor cabinet for those moments when teaching them seems like a really bad idea. It happens.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you made it through almost unscathed from 4 c-sections. With a family tendency for big babies and running late, my midwives suspect my next three will be just like Gi, and I've heard of many doctors who are adamant that if you wind up with c-sections, you stop at 2. :(

5/23/2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I bet you Jill that my legs are hairy than yours! :) Its winter here so I'm keeping them long and fuzzy for warmth! LOL Meaning to say too, thank you to your 16 year old DD for the compliment on the rocket hanger last week! Made my day! :)

6/05/2007 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home