Monday, November 21, 2005

Watching the stupids flock

This morning, I had a brief feeling of superiority and smugness. Some of you know about my pantry-stocking antics and how hard it's been to build it up from nothing. Now, it is usually well filled with a variety of foodstuffs so trips to the grocery are for spoilables and minor stock-ups. Or as in this morning's case, to fill a sick kiddo's craving for fudge bars. I ran to Aldi's for said bars and found the store packed with folks who were doing some mad Thanksgiving shopping. As if the holiday were just invented yesterday and without warning, they were expected to host a feast for 20. Give me a break! Holidays come once a year and I see no reason to be caught unaware if you plan right. I bought our turkey MONTHS ago on sale and stuffed it into the upright freezer at my father's. I've been drying bread for stuffing along the way, bought brown and serve rolls at the bread store and froze them, have cases (literally) of veggies in the pantry along with the traditional fixin's. We are ready. It felt so awesome to stand in line with my measley few items and know I was ready, that if it weren't for this bug infected us all, I wouldn't even darken their door for at least a week more.

I'm also feeling very happy. I finally won a Rainbow Sweeper on ebay! Hubster bought me a used one back when E was small but we bought it from an unreliable, non-Rainbow dealer who couldn't repair things properly and ultimately, the sweeper died a slow and painful death. It was over 30 yrs old when I bought it though. The new one is newer and I cannot wait for it to arrive. My favorite thing about it is that it will actually clean the air in your home. Just set it up, leave off the hose and the exhaust cover and let it run. It's so neat to watch the dust particles literally get sucked out of the air. A few weeks with one of these, even if you just sweep the floor with it, and the actual dusting time is cut way down. I hate to dust. I'd rather go through another barely-numb c-section than to dust, that's how much I hate doing it. I just cannot wait for the housecleaning fun to begin.

3 Comments:

Blogger russelllindsey said...

Great to hear that someone in this country is organized! Good for you!

Also, great to hear about your success on E-Bay. I'm addicted myself.

Please feel free to check out my items at bla2007.

Thanks again and happy Thanksgiving!

Lindsey

11/21/2005 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for being prepared!

Didn't know one could get so excited about a.. vacuum? I'm still silly enough to find dusting neat. Like mowing the grass when it's really long. Or scrubbing an insanely dirty floor.

As always, thanks for the wisdom, and a happy Thanksgiving to you!

11/22/2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Glad to see you are feeling better. We are having only 5 for Thanksgiving this year, as well. Have a great Turkey Day!

11/22/2005 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home