Saturday, August 11, 2007

E, F, G

To keep Lynn calm, the next installment of ABC meme.

E:

Well, E is my youngest daughter. There really is nothing more defining than motherhood, she is part of that definition.

Energy, something I lack most of the time.

Eyes. Mine are very expressive and take in all sorts of details. Very handy for working with color too, I might add.

E is also for Ems, my great niece way out in Washington whom I've only seen in pictures but love to sew for. Hi Ems! Aunt Jill loves you a lot! Tell Grams to send me new sizes if you need new dresses for winter church.

F:

Food which I love to cook.

Family made up of more friends than actual family. Thanks gang. We love you bunches!

Friends: see above

Faith. Enough said there.


G:

G really deserves a post all to itself but in the interest of getting caught up I'll just do it now.

GRANDPARENTS. I was very forunate to have all 4 of my grandparents as daily influences as a young girl and into my teens. One set lived next door (1/3 mile away) the others were just a few miles across the hills. From them, I learned many important lessons. Catching a baseball barehanded, sewing, knitting, baking, gardening. They shaped my interests far more than I think they could have grasped.

Grandparents are also a very important part of the girls' lives. The lessons they learn from theirs are both good and bad but important none the less. I am grateful to my father for his indulgences of time and patience and to Duck for every little thing she does for them. The stories they will tell their own children will shed light on the values you've both taught them, the examples set and the gifts given.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much! Was wondering where they were...will have to ask Sarah about the whole size thing...
Speaking of the alphabet...why do I have to type in more letters on here than I on any other guestbook?!
Know that I'm here praying for you right now!
2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

8/12/2007 12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what comes next? (ducking)

May the Lord continue to give you strength whatever the day may bring. Praying!
Psalms 105:1-4 O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

8/12/2007 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home