Thursday, August 16, 2007

News, Needles, Name, Nonchalant

I really am beginning to feel like a ghost writer for Dr Seuss. It is kind of cool, in a weird, aspiring author sort of way.

N is for:

News, which there hasn't been much of. That is also how my father begins nearly every phone call to me..."Any news happenin' there?".

Needles. My former therapist told me upon the news I'd quit my job at joann's, "I thought pins and needles through your veins. Never thought I'd see the day when you weren't there." At the time, it seemed very odd to me that someone I'd known only in a professional sense for a short time would sum me up so quickly. Now, years later, I see what she saw. Hands never far from some type of needle, eyes drinking in color, texture and info, ears listening for the latest craft-related breakthrough. Even though the opportunities for me to be out interacting with other fiber-freaks are limited, I still find my most peaceful moments while working with a needle.

Name. My father named me, a spur of the moment change at the last possible second. How he came to my name, I've never asked and probably never will simply because it is a gift he gave me. He's not a gift-giving man. The name he gave me was unique all through school. I was the only "Jill".

Nonchalant Never really sure if this is me or not. I strive to be calm and unruffled in all situations.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are definitely waxing eloquent now!
Am tired and can't think tonight so am going to share what I think have to be some of THE most comforting words in all of Scripture. And don't worry...tired or not I'm still praying!
Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

8/17/2007 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home