Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Motherhood, Michigan and Merriment

What "M" entry would be complete without MOTHERHOOD? Currently, it is the largest portion in the definition of ME. How did I ever start my days without "good morning, Mama"? How will I function when those greetings are no longer daily, when they come via email or phone minus the hugs, kisses and giggles that help define my daughters? Wonderment I am sure every mother ponders at times.

"M" would be sorely lacking if I left out Michigan, our favorite vacation spot. 20 some years ago, I made my first trip to that state up north, visiting Warren Dunes with my high school girlfriend and her family, I fell in love with the idea of having an annual vacation spot. I really never had any idea that as a family, we would fall in love with the same notion or the same state. The girls have yet to see Warren Dunes but someday we will go I'm sure. Their favorite is of course, Mackinac Island. I liked that trip too except the bridge. Good thing Grams is not afraid of those beasties and doesn't mind indulging the sissies in the car by driving in the center lane.

Merriment. Used to be I was a very merry person. Full of wit and quick to laugh. I hope to find my way back there someday SOON.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will put the verse on this one...through my tears!
What an amazing promise from God's Word! Am here praying!
Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

8/15/2007 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home