Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My Sense of Style Comes Out Of Hiding

I have this long-hidden, never discussed love for stylish clothing and accessories. Not the fad stylish but rather the classic, Grace Kelly, never-out-of-style stuff. Which is probably why I have the burning urge to add these Gloves to my must knit list. They would serve this former farm-girl-turned-mama-wife-and-construction-gal no earthly or practical purpose but DAMN! They sure would look impressive on the needles and probably even more so on my arms IF I had somewhere suitable to wear them. For the record: Hubster refuses to go anywhere that has a dress code. The last tie he wore was for our wedding and that took major begging from moi. Can we see that a night out for a nice dinner and theatre is out of the question? I'm not talking about the movie theatre either!

My second Addi Turbo arrived today so Hubster's socks are moving a bit quicker now that the wonky join/bend in the Boye has been taken out of the picture. Which is great because Miss E is becoming rather impatient about her socks. What was I thinking when I bought that Simple Stripes Sampler? Oh, yeah. That I would have sock yarn on hand when the urge struck. That is the plus side of things. The minus is that Miss E is becoming a sock-crazy little gal. She was on my lap one day while I was blog-stalking and she saw some Lorna's Laces that Jane had shared on her blog recently(some suitable, girlie-girl color- Sassy Stripes, maybe?) and of course, she has begged me to buy some of THAT yarn for her. Yes, Jane, I hear you laughing from here and I hope you are enjoying the fact that YOU are partly responsible for this. LOL

More snow today. Tonight's weather forecast is calling for rain, freezing rain and then sleet turning to snow tomorrow night. Hmm...think I should stop singing "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas" yet? Nothing says Christmas like a layer of the white stuff, snow emergencies and the three levels of snow alerts. I think the cold has gone to my head and frozen my brain cells.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinkwool said...

Love gloves are beeyootiful but, like you, I have no need for them since I am a SAHM. I doubt my 2 yo son would appreciate the grace of them let alone the work put in to whip those babies up.

My DH and your DH must be related... theater is a joke and dressing up is a golf shirt and cinos. lol

12/15/2005 8:00 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oop, who knew there was an impressionable mind out there! hee hee We had an ice storm here this morning - guess it really is winter!

12/16/2005 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home