Saturday, September 29, 2007

Growin' Up


Why is it that as parents, we are fully prepared for the first smile, step and word but the rest of the really big firsts completely blindside us? I cannot believe I just sent my middle dd off to a semi-formal dance with a young man in a suit who brought her flowers!! When did this happen?

I am so thankful for friends who willingly offer to loan dresses, fix hair and do make-up without a breath or second thought. Thanks to a mother-daughter friend pair, R left the house looking stunning and feeling beautiful.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

She looks absolutely gorgeous! How exciting! :-)

9/30/2007 9:20 AM  
Blogger jill said...

Thanks, Julie. It definitely was a first for this house in many ways.

9/30/2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Wow. It creeps up and then BANG!

She's lovely.

9/30/2007 10:48 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

She is such a beautiful girl, and that is a lovely dress. Yes, they do grow up too quickly!

10/01/2007 12:21 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I've been there: It seems as though once they break the ice, those moments happen again and again, so quickly it makes your head spin.

You see this beautiful adult and you say things like, "Have a wonderful time, you look beautiful!" when it all honesty, your heat says, "Wait, come back! I'm not quite ready. We just took the training wheels off your bike! Don't you want to learn to play checkers?"

You must be proud. I know I'm proud of you!

10/01/2007 8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...those sweet milestones in life. How exciting!

10/05/2007 12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She looks beautiful. And I understand the bitter sweet times of kids growing up. My eldest has just got a girlfriend a job and his learners permit all in the last six months. As much as IO am proud of him, I still want to cry.

10/09/2007 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home